H-Series/D-Series Mixed Vehicles

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by GingerPunk603, Oct 16, 2014.

1. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

This might sound a little bit dumb, but how does it sound to make a separate vehicle or two that mixes the H-Series with the D-Series? Here's what I mean by this, it can either be an H15 with a D15 bed or a D15 with the H15 van body, as well as a huge assortment of other vehicles. Like I said, kind of a dumb idea, but I think it would be kind of interesting. Thank you for letting me waste your time! :p

2. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

The H15 and D15 are the same, with much the same componentry and chassis. The H15 is a D15 with a van body, and a D15 is a pickup based off the H15's chassis. They are the same but with different bodies on top. Why do you need to mix parts?

3. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Idk, I thought it would be interesting to see an H15 van with the wheels, front fascia, rear bumper, tail lights, and interior from the D15. Like I said, kind of a dumb idea.

4. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot - 11.10.2014 - 12:56:43.jpg

I am somehow trying to put the d15 cab n/b onto the Van chassis. may improve.

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

It's not dumb man. There's no law dictating what you can or cannot create in life. Go for it, screw the haters.

6. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, bro! While I'd love to make one of these vehicles myself, there are a few slight problems. I barely have any free time between home, school, and family issues (divorced parents who live in separate towns in the same state), my laptop sucks total balls (Toshiba's fault), I don't know how to JBeam, and I don't know how Blender works. Hell, I don't even have Blender on my computer. But other than that...

This was Tapatalk's idea, not mine.

7. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Like Atomix wrote, the D and H series don't differ that much. Even the global scale settings are the same. The H-series frame has a bit different shape and a wider axle track compared to the D-series, and the cab of the D-series is a bit longer compared to the H-series. So you won't be able to change the cab without changing the frame length or bed length.

The 'Off-Road' van is basically the original van with a adjusted D-series suspension, the D series crew cab with 8'bed 'HD' is basically a stretched H-series 'heavy' frame with a (in this case adjusted) D-series bed and cab. It's really a great program to combine stuff (notice the Pickup's mirrors, although that one was a little bit more work because of the scale settings) The (well known?) autobed is just the H series box truck with a D-Series Cab and a adjusted H-series flatbed.

It's not that hard, go try and if you get stuck let me know. :)

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00117_1920.jpg
    • screenshot_00118_1920.jpg
  8. Sammyo28

Sammyo28
    Expand Collapse

DrowsySam's DSC Pickup is an H-series cab on a D-series bed.

9. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

I thought it would've been more work than that. Huh. Thanks for the advice. I'll probably download Blender sometime after school tomorrow and practice with it a bit to get the feel of it before I make a masterpiece (or in my case, a mockery) of two of Gabe's well-made vehicles at the same time.

On a different note, you really need to make a thread for that van. Seriously, bro, do you even know how many people would love you even more if you released that thing?

10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I feel your pain. I have little time to devote due to "higher priority" life requirements. My laptop is pretty badass though. I have the free Blender download, attempted the tutorial, got hung up on something,
    became frustrated and never went back. I hate asking questions or for help. So I decided to do the T3D thing and love it. Blender will happen in time, definitely.:cool:

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

>implying blender has a paid version

lol, blender is 100% free

12. GingerPunk603

GingerPunk603
    Expand Collapse

Oh thank god. I'm a little bit more than broke right now, so anything I have to pay for is out of my price range.

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

you can legally get 3ds max free as well, just get the student version (they don't actually check to see if your a student)

14. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Well hell's bells....Now I REALLY have no excuse now do I?:p

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Its not only free but open source. The entire source code is available for download.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice