WIP GridMap - Motorsports Theme Park

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Matchbox201, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Here's a map that I've been building on and off since sometime last year using the in-game map editor. I think it's a lot of fun and a good pass time - Like painting an abstract picture. :D

I did a couple other small map edits before committing to this one as an "all inclusive" GridMap - with whatever I thought might be fun. I eventually want to fill the whole GridMap with fun little mini-tracks and things to do.

Video Preview
    (A little outdated but I haven't done a better one recently)

If you check out my other youtube videos you can see how the map has progressed over time.

Who? Why? What is This?
    I participate regularly in a variety of motorsports. I am not really into ordinary driving in BeamNG - I can do that IRL. In BeamNG though, I can try to do insane vehicular stunts - where I get the same thrill even on failures from watching the vehicles disintegrate.:cool: So that's kind of what I like to do. Extreme Motorsports in BeamNG. One of my favorite mods is the CRD Monster Truck - Many parts of this map were designed specifically for that vehicle, but other very tough trucks can do reasonably well. (Even the D-series). It's not just for trucks anymore either.

Current features of this map:

• Monster Truck Dirt Circuit
    • Monster Truck Freestyle Area
    • World Record High Jump Ramp
    • Drainage Fields / Pipes
    • Free Fall Ramp
    • Drag Car Skee-Ball
    • 1/4 Mile Drag Strip
    • Tunnel of Doom
    • Ice Skating Ring
    • Mud Pit
    • Seating for Spectators
    • Various Cinematic Zones
    There are items I am forgetting, and I plan to add more while I refine what's there (over time, a lot of time). Map editor has been painfully slow for me after 0.8.0 so there has not been much added in a while. With level information converted in the last game update - there were some big improvements, and I'll be working on this more often.

Future Map Features:
    Waiting on game update! Then I'll be working on converting to new level format.
    Fingers are crossed for backwards compatibility while I do.

Things on the drawing board:
    • filling the entire GridMap
    • building upward tracks(like hotwheels)
    • improved textures and lighting
    • roads for AI
    • scenarios
    • night-time version(or night-only lighting if I can figure that out)
    • bigger hills
    • more mud
    • more dirt
    • more water
    • more rocks
    • more ramps
    • more tracks
    • more off-roading
    • more racing
    ...Yea... going to be a long work in progress. I also want to start work on creating a map in Blender following the Dev Blog examples. Seems like that will take even longer than this though. Maybe eventually...

For now, this is all I have! Enjoy! You can learn more about this map at my gaming blog.

==================
    Important Notes:
    This mod is being released, and continually improved, so you can have fun with it (well, mostly so I can have fun with it and learn new things, but thought I would share). If you don't like something, or don't have fun with it - please don't come here to rage and complain. It's just a game, let's have fun.:D

If you are from another site which offers translated descriptions - Please link this mod source with your re-upload. спасибо.

Attached Files:

#1 Matchbox201, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Stance02

Stance02
    Expand Collapse

Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

I'm usually clumsy so I'm surprised I didn't make a failed attempt

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

I had friend testing the downloads and he got locked out - the password was simplified afterwards, but I figured I should include a warning anyways :D

It's mostly just to prevent automatic content scraping.

5. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

this is a masterpiece for my needs. a drag strip that's long enough! And it has a Christmas tree too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

For now.... I am reaching some speeds where I still need a longer track(or parachutes) :p.

The drag-strip is the only reason I regret choosing the 1024x1024 GridMap.
    Good news is though, my first Blender map will probably be a dedicated drag-strip, suitable for top fuel and 300+mph trap speeds.
    It has to have that :D The lights on that thing WILL work someday too, if I have to make a whole scenario for it. (they work now as lights, but I want them to act as staging lights)

#6 Matchbox201, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  7. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

lol I just got my modified Moonhawk (it has 4,000 horses) And uh...yeah I went a bit too fast, 245 mph to be exact, and i like the scenario idea. Someday I might make a fully detailed blower mod. like, the stripped interior, drag wing, fuel cell, and a tube frame. that would be awesome.

oh, and its so fast that it flies into the air if i go full throttle..aerodynamics at its best!
    Capture.png

8. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Tested on 0.9.0 - No Issues. (some warnings about textures I will look into, but otherwise works)

Also, as I mentioned, the D-Series is very competitive :cool:

#8 Matchbox201, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  9. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Updated the download method to local download location.

I am working on a couple Circle Tracks which will probably be in next update. Also I want to make dragstrip look a little more worn, now that people have been using it :) Maybe little stickier too.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice