1. Stuck or having problems creating your mod?

Outdated Gridmap from 0.4.0.6 1.0

Gridmap from version 0.4.0.6

1. GTR2legend

GTR2legend
    Expand Collapse

gtr2ledand submitted a new resource:

Gridmap from 0.4.0.6 - Gridmap from version 0.4.0.6

Read more about this resource...

2. RageBull

RageBull
    Expand Collapse

You could tell people to take out Gridmap, the new one, put it in a different area. Then put Gridmap 4.0.6 into the folder, then put 4.3.0 into the folder with all your other Beamng mods. I don't know if that works. I'm not in an area where I can test it.

3. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Taking the file you submitted, I've attempted to make it into a separate level.
    I feel like it's not done how it should be, but it seems to work fine. I don't know if anything's missing or broken.
    Feel free to use the file attached. (Drop it into the mods folder.)

Attached Files:

4. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

I definitely prefer the old

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheEdwin

TheEdwin
    Expand Collapse

Can you PLEASE uload the one from 4.3.0 (New Gridmap), because mine dissapeared...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

Simply do this:

Go to 'Steam/Steamapps/Common/BeamNG.Drive/content/levels'. Check if you have a 'gridmap.zip' file. If you have, delete it.
    Go to 'Documents/BeamNG.Drive' and delete the 'levels' folder.
    Go to Steam > Right click BeamNG.Drive > Properties > Local Files tab > Verify cache.
    Let it do, and when it's done it will download any missing file.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Guys you made my day ! I'm always impressed by the way this game improves with the updates, but i was very disapointed by the new gridmap. The old one has a very special atmosphere, a little bit like we were in the movie Tron, if you see what i mean. Real reformations in a virtual world.Reminds me the old Amiga game The Sentinel.
    Though the speed ring of the new one is a very good idea, i will use both of them now !
    Thank you !

• Like Like x 1
  8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I uploaded the v0.4.2.2 version right after this v0.4.0.6 map was published. It was not approved for some reason. (devs - please feel free to change ownership of the resource from me to LJFHutch as was done with gtr2ledand's upload!) I suppose there's no reason for me not to post it here? gtr2ledand (and devs!) - I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.

This should be fully functional. Of course all I did was tweak it and package it - original author(s) (maybe just LJFHutch?) did all the work.

Gridmap from 0.4.2.2
    This is the most recent Gridmap released before the v0.4.3.x Gridmap which added some offroad terrain, vegetation, and a high-speed loop around the perimeter. Some users have problems with the new map. This will not overwrite the current Gridmap or Scenarios. It adds stand-along items in the Freeroam and Scenario menus such as "Gridmap v0.4.2.2" and "Jumps v0.4.2.2".

You won't have to use the v0.4.3.x Gridmap but you will still have the option. The included v0.4.2.2 Gridmap level is entirely self contained and does not use any resources currently shipped with the game. This means that features such as the large jump are present despite the current (at the time of this writing) error in the 0.4.3.x Gridmap reported here.

If you'd like to remove the v0.4.3.x Gridmap entirely simply follow these instructions and omit the final step (do not Verify Cache unless/until you want the new Gridmap back).

Credits: All resources in this map are from the BeamNG team's v0.4.2.2 release.

Installation: Download the zip file and place it in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice