On Hold Grand Marshal Sport parts

Discussion in 'Land' started by Thequestionman, Feb 10, 2018.

?

Should I keep the download

Poll closed Feb 18, 2018.
  1. No

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Yes

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Yes but you need to update the download for the new version

38 vote(s)
    70.4%
  1. Thequestionman

Thequestionman
    Expand Collapse

Hello public! Here I have Mustang based parts of the grand marshal. Note that this will be improving every update!
    This is my first mod
    so do not expect anything good.
    Known bugs:
    Red: Not known fix Blue: fixing soon Green: Fixed

Features:
    Custom taillights
    Custom Front Bumper
    Ducktail wing
    Square steering wheel(Fixing)
    Update: as you've probably noticed I haven't posted in a while and that's because I'm really busy right now and with not just school so I have no time work on this at all. however if I have days off(not just weekends) I have very little time to work on this but it can still happen. so I have decided to put this on hold until spring-summer break. So this mod unfortunately probably wont release until June something. Hope to see you guys this summer-spring!

#1 Thequestionman, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  2. nick12345

nick12345
    Expand Collapse

I like the idea looking forwards to its release.

3. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

'Bronco Edition' :confused:

4. Thequestionman

Thequestionman
    Expand Collapse

I was gonna call it the Gavril bronco but it didn't really work out. so I just called it this. and it was supposed to be based off the mustang

5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

"Lumpy edition" would have been a better name.

6. Thequestionman

Thequestionman
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    Here with an update Features:
    Decreased height of the hood scoop
    Fixed problem where you could see behind the tailights

7. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

IDK what program you use but why dont you apply the edge split modifier in blender

8. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

this is quite BAD

9. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I suggest you start with something small (like a part addon) for a first mod, trying to redo a whole car like this doesn't make much sense for a first-time modder, especially when it ends up looking like this.

10. Thequestionman

Thequestionman
    Expand Collapse

Once I get through with some updates it should look better. as long as @Inertia and @VeyronEB don't get through to me and wind up canceling the mod it should be a worthy mod of atleast 3 stars

11. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

While I do admire your enthusiasm to create something big, I think it's important to face the reality of the situation.
    Making/editing a 3D model of a car (let alone a whole BeamNG mod) is something that requires quite a bit of skill and knowledge to pull off successfully, and I mean this in the nicest possible way but I don't believe you possess these necessary skills/knowledge at the moment.
    If you think you have the dedication to improve your sills/knowledge to a point where you are capable of making quality content, then I highly encourage you to do so, just know that it's going to take a lot of time, dedication and frustration to get to that point:cool:
    I'd advise you to study existing wiki articles and tutorials pertaining to 3D modeling and JBEAM editing/creation and do some trial and error by yourself:D

It's also very important IMO to loo at your work from an objective point of view. Looking at your progress so far I can tell you it's garbage. I don't say that to be mean, it's actually very important you understand yourself the mod is garbage, so that next time you know what not to do and gradually improve;) People learn from their mistakes after all!

Please don't treat this as a personal attac, it's not, I'm just saying the reality, which is vital you understand if you wish to create quality content:)

This also goes for anyone else wishing to learn how to make large scale quality projects. There are too many people here as it is guilty of churning out utter shite content who honestly believe they are creating works of art (I'm lead to believe they have a private circle-jerk group to showcase and praise each others "mods") It's vital you don't fall into this mindset, otherwise you will never improve.

12. Thequestionman

Thequestionman
    Expand Collapse

Well thanks for being nice. There’s not many people like you. But yah I should face the reality and see that this mod is pretty bad. But I have been loading up on totourials and stuff like that. This mod in my head will improve but it might not. I’ve been working my butt off for a couple of weeks trying to perfect this in little ways but it isn’t getting better as fast as I thought. So you were right about it going to take a long time. As of right now I think it and my skills are improving, very very slowly, but are improving so maybe this mod will be worse than a Russian mod or be close to a @NinetyNine! mod(there’s like a 2% chance of that happening) again thanks for putting it nicely. Not many people do that. (Btw I just woke up and I’m still in bed so if this sounds wacky that’s probably why)

13. Thequestionman

Thequestionman
    Expand Collapse

Here with an update
    Features: Fixed mesh issues.....buuuuut now there's now missing body panels

14. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

15. Thequestionman

Thequestionman
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I haven't posted in a while I'm just having trouble with missing body panels. there will be an update in about 3 days though.

16. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Bronco sounds like a name that would be used on a SUV, not a sedan.

17. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

No sh*t

18. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know about the Ford Bronco...

19. Thequestionman

Thequestionman
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ------ Post updated --.
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay Guys ive decided to make this a parts pack! so hopefully it should be better.
    --- Post updated ---
    It was supposed to be based around the mustang so I just thought of another horse.

It cant be that bad!

What my mod or his crappy representation of my mod

20. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

For another horse, maybe call it the stallion?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice