1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Gradual FPS decrease caused by physics

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by thingshappen, Sep 11, 2013.

1. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

This only really visibly occurs with the more physics intensive vehicles, such as the new Moonhawk. I can get a solid 60FPS with most other vehicles, but as soon as I enable the physics on the Moonhawk the FPS gradually decreases until it's at about 25FPS and just balances around there. The gradual decrease leads me to believe there's something not quite right somewhere, whereas an instant drop would suggest normal behaviour for a physics intensive vehicle. It could just be the intended outcome for the physics engine, but for a few seconds I can happily drive around near the top FPS range before it completely drops off.

Again, let me know if it's intended or not. I could provide a video to help if it's required.

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

There is some funky self collision stuff going on with the Moonhawk that's probably causing this. We've been investigating it for a while, hopefully we'll figure it out :(

3. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

Ahh ok, well at least it's a known problem then.

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

The car is more CPU intensive. I've been crashing 2 of them for a while without any lag or anything, it just requires a more powerful cpu.

5. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

I realise it's a more physics intensive car, and I pointed that out at the start, however if I had any issues with it my FPS would immediately decrease rather than what it currently does. As gabester has already pointed out, it could be due to the self collisions which would explain the gradual decrease in FPS. I would like to think an i7 920 could handle something like this, which it can apart from the select few vehicles pointed out.

6. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem as you :) I just use "the terrible" and I get 60 fps. It must be a self collision problem like gabester said.

7. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

I got this fps problem already with gavriel-h series, cuz of the exhaust. Maybe its the same again, i try it now.

8. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

I uploaded a short video, i hope you can see it.
    The frame delay is normally about 6,... and sometimes caused by the exhaust 20+.

#8 Masterjoc, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice