1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

1. Brickfalcon

Brickfalcon
    Expand Collapse

Whenever I turn on the game it says this

so how do I fix it?

My computer has an i7 and 8GB and no graphics card

Attached Files:

• Capture.png
  2. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Hello!

It appears that the game can only find an integrated Intel GPU, which is not powerful enough to run BeamNG. Do you have a dedicated graphics card installed in your computer? It's quite possible that it's not set up right, since the game can't recognize it. However, if you don't have a dedicated GPU installed on your computer, you will need to purchase one to run BeamNG. It's a very graphically intense game!

See this page for system requirements.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to my life buddy.. :(

Probably more useful or informative then i was about to post. I'd recommend clicking the blue this page.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

Yes this is by far the funniest post I have seen. You need a dedicated graphics card to run beamng drive. Go buy one and you should be able to slip it in and boot into windows without an issue.
    --- Post updated ---
    The game isn't graphic intensive, it uses like 3% of my gpu, its cpu intensive and using an apu as an apu makes it slower.

5. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

you should of seen my old card
    it got up to 100 degrees Celsius and was like 95% load =\
    my new card is good tho

OT:
    You pretty much need a graphics card to run beamng, unless your integrated graphics are strong enough

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That kind of depends from many variables, 3% only is quote which I have hard time to believe, but of course depending settings, maybe, especially if CPU is limiting factor.

With lowest settings it is possible to run game with iGPU, it runs even up to 60fps with I7-6700 and iGPU, but increasing graphics quality does cause quite bit of GPU load.

7. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

The game isn't graphic intensive, it uses like 3% of my gpu, its cpu intensive
    Obviously I was being sarcastic, but for real on high settings in both beaming drive and nvidia control panel it doesn't exceed 50% or 50c. And honestly on board graphics should not be considered in any conversation. Even the great intel apus suck compared to even the worse dedicated cards.

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Integrated GPU's are completely usable, if you adjust settings to suit your hardware, sure you get more visual quality by getting real GPU, also it helps to run several vehicles, but for normal single vehicle usage scenario iGPU of Skylake is just fine. Well, that depends too, I learned gaming with monochrome, then we got 4 weird colors, at some point voxels were a thing and so on, for me iGPU visuals is just fine as long as it is smooth.

East Coast USA 720p with Lowest settings using Integrated GPU, Min 58, AVG 73, Max 91
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/your-performance-testing-results.37866

You have GTX 1080 or something monstrous like that? I could probably make that system of yours GPU limited, as I can make iGPU appear not to be limiting performance as it will not have 100% usage all the time, depending from settings. That is great thing in BeamNG, you can run it with lot of different hardware as long as you have somewhat good CPU.

However this adjustability also can cause people not to quite understand what is going on under the hood, for example if you run one of the mod maps that push the limits of the engine, like Tennesee or Glass view mountain, you are facing CPU single core performance limits caused by game engine that is being overloaded. Turn vsync and FPS limiter off and you have that 100% GPU load on other maps that are within limits of the engine, that is with fast CPU like what OP has.

Thus your claims are true only for your situation, with your settings with your use of BeamNG, they offer no value without any data about your specific setup and settings, that is why I would rather talk from numbers than subjective values, because facts would be more helpful for people looking to improve enjoyment from their gameplay.

This is graphics settings from highest possible to lowest possible with 1050Ti, West Coast Usa forest is interesting there that it does use a lot of GPU, many other maps would become CPU limited before this:
    upload_2018-1-4_14-1-36.png

Why there is 300fps and then it gets lower? Well, when you change settings, scenery is slowly being built up and without trees and stuff game runs faster, until everything is loaded back. Also you can notice how near end, I have same FPS, but CPU load is quite different, some graphics are CPU intensive, learning which (for example shadows) can help to get game run better when facing limitations of hardware.

Of course normally there would be Vsync on and game would be vsync limited, CPU load and GPU load would be far from 100% at lower settings. Using more vehicles would then change situation to more demanding for CPU, up to point where CPU would not be able to feed the GPU and GPU load would actually decrease because GPU is waiting for the CPU.

Faster CPU then, I increased single core performance 16.4% by overclocking which gave me 2FPS more to average framerate on CPU limited map, there is no CPU in existence that would give all the power needed to run maps that are facing engine limitations:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/your-performance-testing-results.37866/page-2#post-568878

So I'm bit against of these simple claims of game using only 3% GPU or being GPU limited, situation is far more complex than single statement can explain, but understanding how and why BeamNG graphical performance works does help one to get best possible visual quality with least wasted money on unneeded hardware, there are some settings that don't change much visual but cause huge effect to performance, like model detail high vs normal.

I wrote this so that visitors of thread can understand whole picture better, not to disqualify what you are saying, because what you claim surely is true in your case, however what you are experiencing is not necessarily whole picture here, at some situations BeamNG is very GPU intensive.

I hope this provides bit more understanding to how to run game at best for whatever anyone has goals in regards of visual quality and framerate, for me constant 60fps is most important goal, that provides nicest driving experience for me. Those with FFB wheels might like to know that 60-120fps is where FFB is designed to work, anything less and FFB can start bugging out.

9. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

No mainstream game will run on onboard graphics at 1080p low at 60fps, I shouldn't be the one to tell you that. Beamng drive is far from gpu intensive but it is cpu intensive and when your cpu is running cpu stuff and graphics, what do you expect? Lag.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice