Gps support in a map

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by xaxaxm28, Jun 15, 2016.

1. xaxaxm28

xaxaxm28
    Expand Collapse

I've just started creating a map and I want the roads to be marked on the gps app/In game gps. I've only used decal roads, and nothing appears on the app. What do I have to do ?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Check this:

You have to make the roads drivable from the AI in order to make them appear in the GPS.

3. xaxaxm28

xaxaxm28
    Expand Collapse

Ok thanks

4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Also, when you have a bridge, or other area that won't have a decal road that the AI (or a gps-road) needs to go, you can use waypoints. Those have to be scripted into the map.json file in your maps root directory (the one with the mission file and usually an art folder).
    Look @ the game maps included with the game, or my map(s) to show how this is done. You just need to name all your waypoints individually, and then build a script for them. It's pretty easy after you've done it once or twice. Remember, script engines are super-duper picky about punctuation, tabs and such. You may wish to do this last.

AND, back up every night or two. Just zip it up and drop it in your backups or downloads folder on your computer. It only takes a moment and saves your progress incase you - or the computer - does something terribly dumb. This IS pre-release software - you are new to editing - accept this and save yourself a headache later.
    Keep careful eye when selecting things for deletion that the editor does not select OTHER things. Know how many times you click and verify this at the bottom of the screen with X items selected readout on the bottom status bar. This has cost me HOURS.
    You have a friend. His phone number is CTRL+Z. His name it UNDO. His friend, RE-DO, is available at CTRL+Y, just incase. This is usefull when smoothing terrain. VERY VERY useful.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice