Golden State Warriors > Bearly squeaking by doesn't = command of finals

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by B3_Burner, Jun 11, 2019.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

So yeah... as a Northern Californian, I watched the game like everyone else, to see if the Dubs could hang on. And they did. But that being said, it wasn't pretty, and it wasn't easy. Squeaking by and taking the 'must win' by just a few points does not make me all that confident and warm & fuzzy about the whole affair.

The loss of Kevin Durant in the 2nd quarter, was a deflating blow. Yes, Demarcus Cousins stepped up. Yes Steph Curry and Klay Thompson do what they always do to somehow save the night... but they're tired as heck having to do that, I question just how long they can continue to be the ones who save the day, when the others are injured?

A win, trailing 2-3 in the series, they lick their wounds and head back to Oak Town. Where hopefully-- despite KD's not returning to the court for the foreseeable future-- they can pull off a miracle in front of the home crowd.

But then what? A return to "the always tough crowd" in Toronto, to face and ever-hungry Toronto Raptors team in a legendary Game 7? Has any team that's ever fallen as far behind as 1-3 in a best of 7 finals series, *EVER* come back to take the finals 4-3? I don't know, but let's just say I don't need a finger nail clipper this week... because I've already chewed the damn things down to the quicks... watching this incredible series.

The NBA! What a spectacle! What incredible athletes! And having never won an NBA Championship north of the Canadian- U.S. Border, I can't say-- even if my Warriors do wind up losing-- that I won't be at least happy for the Toronto players & their fans, that they can finally bring home the hardware... north of the border.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice