1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Goat Simulator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JAM3SwGAM3S, Mar 26, 2014.

1. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

I know Goat Sim has been around for some time but they recently released a new trailer.
    Surprisingly this hasn't been shown on the forum's yet as it's been publicised quite a lot on PC Gamer etc.
    It rips of the Dead Islands trailer :D

Also if you have anything to contribute to this thread about Goat Simulator go ahead and do so :)

Here is there older trailer

#1 JAM3SwGAM3S, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

Well this is... umm... Original, I guess :confused: To be honest i'm kind of afraid of goats after watching that trailer... I think i'm going to go lock the door now.

3. Jack Attack

Jack Attack
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that looks like a quite odd game. What exactly is the point of it, if there is one? I'm going to look into it now.

4. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

what on earth is goat simulator??? i... i... cant... even... ...

edit:

(throwing money at the screen)

5. Jack Attack

Jack Attack
    Expand Collapse

I am totally going to buy this. I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this game, but I need to have it!

6. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

Originally it was made just for fun and was never intended to be released as a game but loads of people created a gigantic hype for it which the company never realised how big it would become.

Here is there website http://www.goat-simulator.com/

EDIT: oh and btw if you want it, its going to be released on steam April 1st :D

7. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

8. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I just need to spend that $80 on Asseto and LFS, because that game is actually sweet (LFS in this case, but I bet Asseto is awesome too. That damn Xbox Wheen better work for that game, and not be cursed like in BeamNG, since I can't make the inputmap work for the life of me.). THEN I'll get this.

9. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

I have played many sims but this................... :p

10. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

what in the name of F**K is this!!

11. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

It appears to be a highly accurate simulation of the life of a goat

12. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I don't know who the devs are for this, but I like them. (you guys are still best)

13. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

Im a big fan of the wtf kind of stuff, randomness can be funny. Whats not funny is a bunch of developers throwing a piece of software at you and advertise it by its million bugs, because they are funny, i mean comon buy it!1!! Seriously?
    Congrats to everyone who is going to buy this, a skilled person could probably sell you a stone while you are in the rocky mountains. Or a fridge on the northpole, but only as long as it doesnt work as expected of course, thats an important aspect of the whole product right?! *facepalm*

14. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

so first you defend 1 poly models, and now you're attacking game dev's?

OT:

so, apparently if you pre-ordered this, youll get to play it today, anyone here have anything to say on what it's like? (if anyone here did pre-order it)

15. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

No need to buy that game.
    BeamNG.drive.x86 2014-03-28 19-42-24-256.png

16. jotadoze

jotadoze
    Expand Collapse

Cool, it's a BeamGoat. Now we can have a car and blow the crap out of the living thing. >=D

17. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

ehhh, no offense, but i'd still rather get the actual game

18. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

I did not defend 1poly models because of the pure fact they are low poly, and i did not "attack" game developers just because they are game developers. Provide a minimum of reason please if you dare to post off topic.
    The low poly model was prejudged, Game devs advertising a product, for that you have to pay for, with its faults does not even need a further comment. Common sense plz.
    Also, stay on topic and dont become all meta again on my back instead of talking about goat simulator please.
    Because this thread is about goat simulator and not how odd you find my unrelated opinions on other threads.

19. Serati

Serati
    Expand Collapse

Read the disclaimer on their website:

Goat Simulator is a small, broken and stupid game. I t was made in a couple of weeks so don’t expect a game in the size and scope of GTA with goats. In fact, you’re better off not expecting anything at all actually. To be completely honest, it would be best if you’d spend your $10 on a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe a real-life goat.

They are essentially saying buying this game is a waste of money. But exactly that makes people buy it. Strange world we live in
    :p

20. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info, i did not know all of those yet as i just had a fast look at steam and was so baffeled at that feature list. Then the features list can be confidently ignored i guess. :p
    Still nothing i would pay money for i think, its nice they are honest, but that does not change the character of applied randomness or how ever you would say. ^^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice