glTF Exporter Textures

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by AcidNemesis, Jun 15, 2022.

1. AcidNemesis

AcidNemesis
    Expand Collapse

So after this update I decided to check out the glTF Exporter again, because it was mentioned in the patch notes. It still works great, with correct UV mapping... but still no textures. But as people suggested, you just have to extract the .zip file of the vehicle in question and assign the textures yourself, it takes time but it's worth it... when it works. It wouldn't really bother me if Blender supported the version of .DDS BeamNG is using, because at the time of posting, .DDS files show a pink color and nothing else.

So... why not convert the textures to png when the extraction is done ? And why not have the textures assigned when opening the .gltf file ? Of course I am not a developer at all and I don't know if it's too complicated/time-consuming to be a priority right now.

I'm pretty sure this would save a TON of time to a bunch of people like me who like to render the cars in Blender or Maya etc...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice