1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

GLSL and HLSL Materials

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Littleturdlet, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know how to make glsl materials for beamng? I'm curious because I saw a glsl torque 3d material pack and some of the materials had fresnel. I'm wondering if you could create a more realistic car paint material. Here's the link. http://www.liman3d.com/shaderpackvol1_overview.html

2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

We had a discussion about that a few months back, might have beeen after your post. Did you ever try it out? As far as i understand it should be possible to use it in your own materials.cs for any material/texture of your liking but you need to execute the use of it in the materials.cs, examples can be found in the Full Manual for these shaders, commented by something like this in the materials.cs:

//exec("./shiny.cs");

Apparently abit hard on the gpu but hey, i run 8'ish separate shaders at once in Reshade so cant be that bad and i would kill for fresnel.

3. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

I never tried it, I have no way of buying the shaders. That's why I was wondering if anyone had experience in glsl and hlsl. A while ago I saw someone on the torque3d forums that made their own skin shader in glsl/hlsl and it had fresnel. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find that page again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice