WIP Beta released Glass View Mountains

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Straubz, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

Alright finally getting around to updating this now that there are some more vehicles to use.

Whats new in V2
    Visuals;
    -given the map a huge face lift(now greener)

contents;
    -added a few more tracks
    -worked on some unfinished tracks and road

Bug Fixes;
    -modified some areas that could cause cars to get stuck on rocks

Bugs:mad:; (game breaking, annoying)
    -one of the rivers keeps making tires explode/unstable:confused:
    -grass texture seems to be appearing black
    -missing files when loading map
    -takes a long time to load because it uses a 4096x4096 height map.(not really a bug but causes beamNG to be unresponsive for a minute)

Attached Files:

#1 Straubz, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  2. Brett

Brett
    Expand Collapse

Simply amazing!

3. Zeeall

Zeeall
    Expand Collapse

WOW! Very well made! took me about 2 hours to drive all the trails (atleast i think i did, there are so many of them!). The trails are challenging without being frustrating. The details are very nice and it really feels like you are driving around in the woods! Forest is nice and dense with trees hanging over the trail. I wish there was a bit more mud and rock crawling.

One more complaint i have is that some of the water fordings are too deep and the car cuts out.

Keep up the good work, cant wait for the finished thing.

4. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but i doubt you drove all the tracks in 2hrs unless you were racing through them:p there is only 2-3 hidden tracks atm, the longest one currently ends at a secret watering hole and is very hard to find without cheating.

Still trying to get the water crossings right, because at the moment the cars stall the second a certain node touches the water:(

And i am still working on it, but it will be some time before you see it finished since i am not even a 1/4 of the way through:)

5. Three O' Clubs

Three O' Clubs
    Expand Collapse

So, first off, I know this is a bit of a bump, but I felt it necessary to comment. the trails are amazing fun, just so awesome, favorite offroad map. It never feels like you can be cheaty and drive around trail obstacles, the terrain is rougher than the trails, which is hard to get on most maps. I love what you've done with this map and it's stunning to look at aswell. I found quite a few visual bugs though, weird water, half the map has no trees (I assume that's just unfinished because the trails don't seem finished there either), I really wish the roads had collisions. I really hope you could finish this map because all of it done in the level or detail would be easily my favorite map in all of beamng, or maybe any game ever. Keep up the great work Straubz!

6. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

Thanks:), i am still working on the map, just been busy IRL.
    The water bug is because either i was playing with the reflections, or because i haven't got anyone to make me a dam for the lake, and the rest of the map has no trees because i add them as i build the tracks so i can see what i am doing, and i would like to do something with the road but i can't get it smooth enough with just the heightmap:(

7. Laxis88

Laxis88
    Expand Collapse

You dont happen to live near the glass house mountains do you? lol

Nice work.

8. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

I wish, those tracks look fun so i used some for insperation:p i live down in the yarra valley, Victoria.

9. mtchll3

mtchll3
    Expand Collapse

awesome map, its quite laggy for me but it was awesome, wat cars is thing intended for and one of the only cars i have that could do it was the truggy (rock crawling d-15).

10. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

I can drive most tracks in the D-15 offroad, otherwise i was using dkutchs Grand Cherokee and now his Datsun.

11. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

The map crashes for me after 30 seconds of driving around, tried downloading it again too. :(

12. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

unfortunately that is a bug with either the game or the Torque3D engine, happens all the time for me but usually after a few minutes, but for some reason this hasn't happened on my brothers radeon card, only my nvidea :confused:

13. Three O' Clubs

Three O' Clubs
    Expand Collapse

Great to know you're still working on the beautiful map Straubz, looks like I started the thread back up :D.

14. Zeeall

Zeeall
    Expand Collapse

I found the long one ending at a water hole! I did sort of cheat by driving with top down camera looking for the entrance. :p

15. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

but did you drive it:p

Screenies:D

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00088.jpg
    • screenshot_00089.jpg
    • screenshot_00093.jpg
    • screenshot_00094.jpg
    #15 Straubz, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  16. Zeeall

Zeeall
    Expand Collapse

Are you still working on this map?

17. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

i have done some more to it but steam messed up all my steam games (all menus are black and frozen), so i can't do much until i can fix it.

18. spyman1087

spyman1087
    Expand Collapse

My favorite map. It has a slight lag for me. My only recommendation is to have a better spawn point a flat are.

Great Job

19. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

just updated the first post with the latest release, please let me know if you find any problems or how to fix them.

20. 22RLUX

22RLUX
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow, i completely forgot about this map. Was fun to drive around on a year or so again, time to relive some of those memories.

Bit of offtopic, Are you planning to update / fix your datto and jeep to work in the newest versions?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice