1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

gimp does not save .dds properly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Jurrunio, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Jurrunio

Jurrunio
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to make new wheels (well, because of my low skill, just colouring existing ones). I tried to use GIMP. however, whenever I try saving / exporting the dds, it says that the layers are not at the same size thus cannot be saved properly. The icon of the saved dds (I saved them in the desktop) does change to show that windows default picture viewer can no longer read the new file, but it can still read the one from the game.

Did I do sth wrong? I only have one dds addon. Do I need another addon? Or other tools instead?

2. DirtGamer301

DirtGamer301
    Expand Collapse

Try to join all the layers and reexport.

3. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Did you add any new layers? If yes, save the files as a .jpg first. open it with gimp again and THEN save it as a .dds file. Worked for my skin as well.

4. DirtGamer301

DirtGamer301
    Expand Collapse

Which is same as joining all layers ;)
    If you go the export way, export as png though, Alpha channels will be saved and quality higher.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice