1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

GFX (anisotropic filtering?) colorful.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Funky7Monkey, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I have yet to test on any other map, but this is on Baja Hills. It seems that most of the time when I adjust the anisotropic filtering, the colors end up like in the screenshot. From my quick tests, it doesn't seem to be caused, in part, or in whole, by the texture and/or shader settings. The colors usually go back to normal when I select a preset GFX setting. I first got this bug when I went from low GFX with lighting on high, 4x AA and 4x anisotropic filtering to the high GFX preset. I am running Windows 10 Pro, DX12 installed, NVidia GeForce driver version 353.62.

Unrelated (possibly): Several times, BeamNG has crashed while I am trying to take a screenshot through photomode. It does not seem to matter how I try to take the screenshot. Unknown cause, haven't bothered to figure it out.

2. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Try to turn PostFX on and off. maybe that´s why. Other thoughts. Clear cache

3. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Those are some trippy artifacts. Check out your GPU, run FurMark to make sure your vram isn't bad. For me I can do anything with my settings and never see anything like that.

Regarding the screenshot issue; It's a known issue, I'm pretty sure everyone has it.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a semi full of Skittles crashed:p. I am also getting more screen shot crashes lately. Except for the gravel material
    all the textures in Baja Hills are stock BeamNG.

5. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

I guess i'm not the only one who's game crashes sometimes when taking a screen shot. It's kinda annoying, sometimes I have a sweet screen shot ready and then it crashes.

6. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

It's a bug in everyone's game, everyone has it. What I do is I just use the screen shot mode to get a good angle and FOV, then press Shift-U twice to hide all the UI, then press Ctrl + PrintScreen

7. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Already tried messing with PostFX, no change. Donno what clearing the cache would do for me, but I'll try it.
    Those are artifacts?! Dang... I'm going to turn down the GPU OC and make sure it isn't dying or anything. I actually haven't had a problem with the OC before, it's been running at +200Hz on the GPU (can't remember for the RAM (not on the system)) stable for months. I was actually going to increase the OC until I got artifacts just to see how far I could push it... Maybe I won't do that...

- - - Updated - - -

Those really don't look like artifacts. Maybe the game had too much food coloring? Joking aside, I really want to know if someone can replicate this.

8. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Please do not use Furmark. If you have to use a stress test like that use OCCT. Furmark is very bad for GPUs.

Also, those do not look like artifacts. Artifacts are usually dots or lines, not smooth colors that fit the geometry perfectly. It's probably a software problem, not hardware.

9. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Either the textures are corrupted on disk or they are infact artifacts, I have both personally experienced such an artifact (although not in BeamNG) and seen it on the web.

(imported from here)

This screenshot shows that textures can be corrupted while still being cleanly applied the skybox, even being properly mipmapped (you can see the blurring from the mipmapping)

Although I cannot deny that a software problem could be causing the issue.

@bubbleawesome

What makes Furmark inferior to OCCT? They're pretty similar except furmark stresses the vram more, and that's the point of why I recommended it.

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Furmark tends to use a lot more power than OCCT, and OCCT also has specialized tests (for GPU core vs VRAM) and has much more strict throttle points.
    I've killed cards with Furmark, never with OCCT.

11. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Stressed the card, it's stable. So how would I deal with it if it is a texture problem?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice