General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion chat

Playstation controllers just feel tiny in my hands, I don't have big hands either.

2. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

So, our school's VICA group decided that they were going to have a glider-building competition. I'm the secretary, and of course I had to be gone when they planned it. So, we have a group full of idiots planning a competition that they don't understand. Therefor, I think the gliding competition (based on flight time) will be held in the shop room, and the gliders will be thrown off the balcony of the shop. Our shop isn't huge. Meaning that any proper glider will not work, and a paper airplane is probably the most effective. For overkill purposes, my friends and I decided that building a 5-10' wingspan U-2 would be a good idea, as it can function both as a glider and a powered aircraft. Then my brother learned about this little thing called Part 103, which has slightly killed that idea. Part 103 is a section of the FAA regulations saying that small airplanes weighing under 254lbs empty and with limited performance (top speed of 55kts, stall of 24kts or lower) can be flown away from towns and houses without an aircraft inspection or any pilot certification. Thank you FAA for this idea. It's great. We're tossing around the idea of building this with a weak engine (from a riding lawn mower most likely) and primitive roll control (likely spoilers on top of the wings). We are such odd people...

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Saw one yesterday. Was running a UK plate number, motorcycle rear plate though as a UK car plate is a different shape from american, was also left hand drive of course.
    I didn't think it was a huge car tbh. Length and width it seemed similar to a Mondeo/Fusion. Was definitely taller though.

I think both the Taurus and dodge ram cheat their sizing. They look like big vehicles, but they aren't (OK, a dodge is big), its really a case off proportions making them look bigger than they are.

4. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

the taurus is longer than those vehicles, same size everything though, except trunk, instead of utilizing the extra length for say, leg space, they used it for trunk space :/

so it has a HUGE trunk, but the same interior space as a fusion/mondeo

here's a few videos of the taurus

#9024 logoster, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Neat, android 5.0 will let users have the RAW image

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

This whole ordeal is really pissing me off.

#9026 Potato, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  7. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

It royally pisses me off as well. I understand Japan is a lot closer to NK than we are, but NK wouldnt do anything other than crap in their diapers more if Sony released the movie. NK was butthurt by the movie because it depicts the glorious leader as a piece of shit (actually, i think that movie is a documentary, not a comedy...huehuehue) so they threw a hissyfit over it. And now Sony is giving into their demands? Thats just bullshit. Doing that shows NK that they can bully people into doing what they want, and that only causes more problems. If people werent so worried about political correctness, NK wouldnt hold any power whatsoever because if they tried something like this, we could just bomb them and tell them to shut up. But now they will just piss and moan and threaten us with "swift and fierce retaliation" (bullshit, of course) if they dont get their way. Its just fucking stupid

8. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

AFAIK, the only "proof" that anybody has that NK is behind the attack was a very short communication between a piece of malware and a possible NK ip address. And remember, Nk have threatened us and countless times, and yet they have done absolutely nothing to back up these threats.

9. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

The movie will come out eventually, it's a corporation that's spent millions on this IP. It's either going to get leaked, or put out when the threat has died down. Yes sony are cowards capitulating to a bully, but they aren't a country which means I'm not THAT annoyed yet. corporations have always been cowards, it's when your government starts censoring things to meet the demands of bullies you ought to get pissed.

10. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

11. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Currently 3D printing a stripped-down H45 Cabster.
    d1983bd107.jpg 0104af3f9e.png View attachment DSC_0445.JPG
    I always seem to have issues when exporting STL files, so that's why the windows are messed up. I'll print the wheels separately. This is just a test to see if I can get the basic structure of a BeamNG vehicle to print.

#9031 JackAttak, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  12. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

might want to print it part by part then stick it together. Seems to sag too much :p

13. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like a decent idea. During long prints, the plastic sometimes loses its stick to the build plate and messes up the print a bit. I just applied new kapton tape as well, but I probably could have done a better job of that. It's a 20 hour print in total, so going part by part might be better for quality.

#9033 JackAttak, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  14. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

I meant the speed test thing

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

there's this thing, it's called google

with google, you can find pretty much anything on the internet, you should try it sometime

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=internet+speedtest

here, let me google that for you

next time google it yourself though

16. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

17. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Woot, just got my 360 Kinect working on my PC. I wish I could use it on more than just skype though. I'm probably just being ignorant by thinking there is no reason as to why I can't use this Kinect as opposed to the xbone Kinect for stuff.

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I remade my wallpapers. Now they have all the same base, just different colours. Retuned my settings and removed banding.

1920x1080.

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

GET

Might make some different ones when I'm bored.

19. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Use it with gmod, it's hilarious.

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

So, Steam sales..

Got Thief and Murdered from that Square Enix Xmas pack, Bought Audiosurf from the Humble Store and Alien Isolation from G2A. All at 75% Off and more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice