General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Whatever package the 110 has looks good, but I could do without the big chunky plastic bit on the front of the 90.

2. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

So good to see something with simple white steelies on it. Looks purposeful.

3. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

new defender bad

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Bull bars are (mostly) illegal in the UK, those plastic ones are the legal alternative to them. I think the general idea is that they aren't lethal to anyone you hit in a crash.
    With that said, I have no idea whether they do still manage to serve their primary purpose well or not.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

They usually conceal a full metal bullbar beneath, so they're functional, plastic is just a cover

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I had a quick 2 min drive of a Hyundai I20 today, the 1L 3cyl 100ps model. Its been about 1.5 years since I last drove a car, so it was nice to be back. I was surprised by how much get up and go it had. Obviously, its not a quick car, its something like 10.8 seconds to 60mph, but in 2nd gear when I put my foot down it was very happy to oblige. With it being a 3cyl, it was a little less smooth and a little more aggressive sounding than most 4cyl's that I have been in.

If I had to chose between the two cars I have driven (Honda Jazz and I20), it would probably be that I20. The suspension was better damped, and it felt a bit more eager. Not to mention that it was quite a bit easier to drive, has better equipment, and better interior quality.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice