General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I just want a pack that opens up the genesis a bit at idle, but keeps the higher revs a bit quieter. Some of the kits for the car sound great at idle, but are stupid loud at WOT and then what's the point of the "luxury sedan" thing?

I just want the wum-wum-wum-wum-wum at idle

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Something like a Magnaflow might work. I don't think this is very loud at all.

My Grand Marquis still has it's Thrush Welded (Flowmaster knock-offs) mufflers and P-71 piping.

I REALLY need to get a video of the Focus. I still haven't put an exhaust tip on it yet but, it sounds really good with just the resonator delete. Sounds really good on downshifts to.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

I wish someone would hurry up and make an Australian car for beamng. Everyone keeps claiming they will make them but then they cancel them and instead make a stupid ibishu or something that is exactly the same as every other one! I apologise if I'm rude but I'm just bored on beamng.

It's a bit bland having the same ibishu mods constantly. There needs to be an Aussie car for beamng. I just wish people would complete them when they start making the mod.

#5383 TWilliams458, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

If you want one that badly then make one yourself.
    Then when you cancel it after realising that making mods takes a lot of effort and time (that you may not have) the irony can flow freely.

#5384 aljowen, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Found a really clean, really original 70 GMC C10 for sale just down the road from my house.

350, TH350.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Remember how a friend of mine took delivery of his new 2017 Super Duty Ford not too long ago?

Well It looks like it took him less than a month to start doing boosted 4wd launches with it.

For a 100% completely stock truck, it launches harder than you'd expect, and 0-60 was around 6.5 seconds, which doesn't sound all that impressive, but this truck is totally stock.

He's even thinking of hooking to the sled later this year.

In case you forgot, this is the truck.

• Like Like x 3
  7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

So really, my WRX aint much quicker to 60 (5.9s on the spec sheet). But then I have half the power. With half the weight. And half the gears in 2017 XD

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Since it is a brand new truck, I actually have numbers on all of those things.

440 HP/925 TQ
    7350 LBs
    6 speed auto

He said he was going to wait until the warranty expires before he starts throwing more money at it, though I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Dayum, do you have numbers on that wheelbase?
    Must have a great turning circle

10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

It's a crewcab shortbed, so I'd imagine it's about the same as any other CCSB.

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

And half the body roll
    And twice the cornering G's :p

12. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Has anybody ever done any testing about the best tyre pressures for grip on the road with street tyres? Pumped the tyres in my Excel to 34 psi from about 30-31, the squealing has almost disappeared and the steering response and grip is much better.

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Whereas I'm about 3000-3100lb, 215hp through a 5 speed manual

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

15. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I am aware of the effect of tyres pressures, its just that different compounds, profiles and widths have different effects on tyres and require different pressures for peak grip.

16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The only advise I can give you there is follow what the car manufacturer states if you are using the intended tyres. On the side of the tyre I think it should tell you what the maximum pressure is so providing you don't go above that I guess you can fiddle to see what you think works best?

You can always have a look around for cars that are close to your setup and see what they suggest: http://tirepressure.com/car

But I should make it very clear that the above is mostly (slightly educated) guessing on my behalf.

17. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

My tires are at 36 and should be at 33. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

So current generation ford rangers were introduced in 2011. Just discovered why they weren't sold in the USA. Current gen is larger than previous generations. So much so. It's longer than an f150 and about the same width. In some markets it even replaces the 250. And yet Americans claim the 150 is too big for Euro roads, rangers fit just fine

19. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

That's goofed in so many ways my tired brain can't even.

I don't know why S10-sized pickups stopped being a thing, especially here in the US, though I've heard that, like the death of station wagons, it has a lot to do with CAFE.

20. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how you haven't heard of chicken tax since that's brought up every time someone asks about the death of small pickups.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice