General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Wow... I don't know what any of you guys are saying...

• Like Like x 1
  2. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

I hope some day a nice lady will come along and...

Wreck my Focus so I can buy a Subaru.

Lady almost crashed into my Marq earlier. She was waiting to turn left out of a side street that I was turning left onto and she almost just straight up drove into the side of my car.

Only 2 3.0R Legacy for sale within 100 miles of me.

109k miles for $9,495. Fully loaded though. Paddle shifters and everything.

#5342 CTJacob, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The fc is neatly priced, but doesnt do everything I want. Unfortunately the ECU that does do everything I want is top dollar. Haltech Elite 1500 aint cheap.

4. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

You're in the NYC area aren't you? I wonder if you saw a crownvic.net member.
    I saw a really clean looking bubble caprice driven by some old guy yesterday.

5. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

I suspect my tps might be a bit out of spec. Get hesitations here and the like It doesn't know if it should be on or off throttle. Makes sense. Carbs is physically.

Yeah I'm in queens. The car made a serious impression in me. Gave the guy the thumbs up. That car was his baby for sure.
    That's Interesting. I'll pm you to avoid bogging this thread down. I gotta know what plans you have for that car that need such a serious ecu.

#5345 amarks240, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
  6. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Nah, the guy who had it 3 owners ago was into rallycross and put in the locker. It's an offroad auto locker, forget the brand. Really for Jeeps (Dana 30 axle) and stuff, but it works. Makes an annoying ass clunking sound in parking lots though. Some 240s and a lot of 7/9 cars came with a G80 locker from the factory which I guess is basically the same thing but less aggressive and becomes fully open at 30+ mph. He even took out the rear swaybar to try and improve offroad handling, I guess. So I need to get one. Also the diff cover is painted with a Swedish flag. It's still jacked up but I got it to run again. Somehow the fuel pump relay shat itself while sitting. (Common Volvo 240 problem.)
    --- Post updated ---
    This is in the stock 240. Rev limiter in second is exactly 60. About 12-13 seconds. Blazing fast.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Volvo used the G80 as well?

I though those little disasters were limited to GM.

I've never understood why GM stuck with them, if you have more than 7 horsepower or you've 33's or bigger, it's bound to explode at some point, then you've got a terrible open rear end, that makes clunking noises anytime you make a sharp turn.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I haven't heard of anyone having an issue with it. Then again, our engines pump out 115hp from the factory and most people don't do more than 300-400hp without upgrading the axle AFAIK.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Was totally unaware they even sold these here until yesterday. Quite an odd looking vehicle tbh
    ImageResizeHandler.jpg
    (Infiniti QX70)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Infiniti has yet to produce a car that isn't repulsively ugly.

Nissan as a whole really hasn't done too well in the design department.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

This prompted me to go to Nissan's website, which brought to my attention the fact that the Micra starts at $9,957. How could it possibly be that cheap? I've been in one too and you'd never guess.

12. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

And their horrible CVT transmissions with random stuttering and slipping issues.

Other than that... the 2017 Sentra looks OK but I think it looks best in black with the SR trim but i'll take a stick shift over that horrible CVT anyday.
    2016-nissan-sentra-4d-sedan-sr-cars-in-fort-lauderdale-fl.jpg 7212112f80acae4fcf6c888081f85fbax.jpg

It's still better than the slightly dated corolla with it's tired 1.8 VVT-i.

Weight is a killer in cars today!

Speaking of Toyotas..... Why are they still offering a 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC on some of their models for the 2017 model year????

I'm starting to dislike the design language of Toyotas as they put a gigantic grille on the front that wants attention.

In their powertrain department... They need to introduce new engines for the corolla and yaris and offer the 2.5 in the Corolla S at least or bring back the XRS with that engine.

13. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

This is it for me. Look at the evolution of the so called "m3". My old boss had a 4.2 s4 as a shop beater. Every time I drove it I thought "how much ass would I kick if I weighed 1000 pounds less". Even the new civic type r is fat. Sure it has 300+ horsepower, but it also weighs over 3k. I don't care how fast it is. How does it FEEL? I guess the people want cars that are quiet and ride great and won't leave you smelling like fuel when you get out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I was looking for a specific picture in my computer, I didn't find it. But I did find this, which you guys might find cool.

This a buddy of mine's 85 K20 that pulls in the 6500 lb 4wd light stock class. It's got a tall deck BBC that me and another friend put together probably 3 years ago in it. It started out as a 427, but being a tall deck you can bore it to the moon, and just a clean up cut basically puts it in the 450-460 CI range. I forget what heads are on it, (They were just some he had lying around) But they are stock GM heads of some variety, though with the domed pistons that are in it the compression is somewhere around 12.1. The cam is a 293/310 grind Lunati, It was one of their series of cams, I forget which one.

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I officially have a 2011 Hyundai Genesis with the 4.6l v8. It's pretty great.

• Like Like x 4
  16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Dang, but now I'm wondering if straight pipes can be kept to an acceptable noise level by keeping the revs low when you're not trying to race.

I'd really like my car to sound like that but I don't want to annoy hundreds of people every time I go to work early/come home late, and I can remember at least one occasion when someone's straight pipes drove me nuts (apparently, there's a redneck around here somewhere who thinks 11PM is the best time to go for a high-revving drive around the neighborhood in what must the world's crummiest still-running S10), though I can't remember if I ever found it annoying while indoors.

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Going from now my muffled but louder than stock exhaust makes. No. You'll annoy everyone still

18. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

or it keeps it in a lower insurance group (might not since 5hp difference is nothing)

19. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's not worth it if you have to cruise at highway speeds. Loud exhausts are great until you have to drive a long distance with one

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

From experience, a straight pipe NA engine is only reasonably loud at idle. At any throttle it becomes stupid loud. So just go everywhere at idle rpm without touching the gas pedal.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice