Gear Stick That Moves When Selecting Gears In Cockpit

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Quiverted, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Quiverted

Quiverted
    Expand Collapse

Incase you do not know, almost everything in Beamng's cockpit mode is able to interact and move whenever it is activated like the turn signal stalks, handbrake, the dashboard lights up when turned on, and of course the steering wheel rotates when turning. But there is just one thing that really bugs me. The gear selector. I don't see why they bothered to animate the handbrake but not the gear stick when in some cars, the gear lever is more visible than the handbrake. I understand that this feature may be useless, and how difficult it can be to add, but it is just a small issue that I have picked up that could make the game so much more immersive if fixed. Thanks guys.

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the reason is that when mapping a handbrake, or indicator stalk, pedals, steering wheel, or a linear automatic shifter, you only have to move the prop mesh on one axis, where an H-pattern gear stick moves in multiple directions, which gets very complex to program correctly, not to mention somehow making the shifter boot deform with a prop, in a way that would look reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice