Cancelled Gavril T series Cab-over

Discussion in 'Land' started by a plane guy, Oct 10, 2021.

1. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

The model isnt good i know that, its just something i want to do with my freetime. Theres someone making a better one so go and find there thread if you want a more realistic one.

(first attempt at making something like this so please be nice)

so some of you may have seen my posts on the development thread and community screenshots about this thing and ive decided to make a thread for it.
    dont ask why im trying to make this. i just like over-cabs.
    (Dont be offended by my numberplate, its my steam name)
    yes im planning to release this (duh)

to do list:
    jbeam
    add the moving parts back.
    move some parts.
    possible skin support (added)

bugs:
    needles, steering wheel and driveshafts have bin temporarily removed because they dont work at all.
    exhaust is partially unstable.

no firm release date at all so dont ask.
    (Ill add more pics tomorrow)

Attached Files:

• 20C7C8B2-960C-4F44-B318-34807FDD0313.jpeg
    #1 a plane guy, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

I'm confused... Where is the engine in this??

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

In the literal cab lol. Im gonna edit a few things though so it wont look as bad as you think inside.

#3 a plane guy, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

You should make the whole thing taller then... So the cab floor is ABOVE the engine. Might have to sacrifise some headroom, but there's a lot of it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Im still working on the model so ill see what i can do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'd suggest you to put the cab a little bit forward from the front axle (just like what we got on European trucks). That way would be way easier to manage things like the stairs, the engine itself, and other things.

7. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

I like it!

8. Micorwaved caprisun

Micorwaved caprisun
    Expand Collapse

Will the hood go in a bit more so it looks like a true cabover like this ?
    (PS: I love the idea of a cabover / a new version of a semi in beam)

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

nice, and as most of the others said, taller cab, front axle pushed slightly back, and, the cab pushed a bit forward. looking forward to this :)

10. Chomper

Chomper
    Expand Collapse

I am glad someone's finally doing something like this. I've been wanting something like this for ages, but never could get the hang of Blender and making models. As of now, one suggestion I have would be to potentially make the cab part either bigger overall, or to make it a bit wider since it looks small and the fenders stick out, whereas on all cab-overs I've seen don't have fenders at all.

11. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

I made the cab a bit bigger and wider before and i actually dig it. So ill see what i can do about it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

You don't have to make the cab wider.

This is the VW Worker, for example. It used the same cab for both the 8/9 ton frame:

up to the 24 ton frame.

Anyway, you can see that you only have to move the cab a bit forward, so you don't hav to worry (a lot) about the engine inside the cab, since it starts around the seats.

This is its cab without interior, where you can see the hump for the engine, and the hole for the Shifter

13. Micorwaved caprisun

Micorwaved caprisun
    Expand Collapse

Yes but this is ment to be a american cabover, Not a euro one like the VW

14. DoritoPowahhhh

DoritoPowahhhh
    Expand Collapse

lets hope its compatible with the expansion mod from GTG

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. askyour_dad

askyour_dad
    Expand Collapse

Sure, oh and plane guy, they did release a 78" Uniconnect sleeper, it could be made as a Kenworth sleeper but you are gonna need permission from the Gtg mods team.
    The Kenworth photo has windows at the top but the beamng Uniconnect sleeper doesn't.
    And I'm too lazy to go in the game and take a screenshot of the uniconnect sleeper.

Attached Files:

• Kenworthsleeperidea_irlimage.jpg
    • 818238-9c9cca20f7d52ad7d16e3d5f90ed1186.png
    #15 askyour_dad, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  16. The Cat Trucker

The Cat Trucker
    Expand Collapse

I've always wanted someone to do this. I'd suggest making the cab wider so that the fenders don't actually show. There are plenty examples of American Cabovers (Never heard overcab before, In the U.S. they're called cabovers.) on the internet if you need one. There is even a cabover version of the truck the T series is based on (The international 9370). It's called the International 9670. I suggest taking a lot at that and try to model what you're working on after it instead. That way it won't look like you just deleted the T series' hood (Which is clearly what you did).

17. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

one thing you should consider about cab-overs of this type is that the actual cab is quite a different shape to the standard T-series.
    firstly, the cab is the whole width of the truck, this is so that the driver and passenger's seats sit either side of the engine "doghouse", rather than directly on top of it.
    this also means that there is no front-to-back taper to the doors, and generally the windscreen is much flatter.

I've seen quite a few people make an attempt at a cab-over T-series, hopefully you can have the perseverance to be the first to pull it off!

• Like Like x 1
  18. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Quick update,
    Was remodelling the front when my pc crashed so i lost the progress on that, it wasnt a lot though so its pretty much ok.
    Also bin moving some parts around no clue if they work since i was in a rush this morning but ill work on it more later.
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

I know. I just showed that VW because it is a truck sold where I live, and its known for using the same cab over any frame size.

Anyway, Since the T-Series Cabover is a new design, the designer can use different references to make the best design possible. And no one can deny that the Europeans mastered the cab over design. So, even with a European layout (cab slightly ahead from the front axle), it's still possible to make it look American.

20. e r i k

e r i k
    Expand Collapse

Somebody-a bonked-a t-series-a head-a (meant nose lol)

#20 e r i k, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice