WIP Gavril SV-Series (Step Van / Multi-Stop Truck)

Discussion in 'Land' started by whatawhat, Jun 11, 2024.

1. piddi

piddi
    Expand Collapse

please make it one of those overpriced hipster foodtrucks serving 20 dollar smash burgers :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. aleg47

aleg47
    Expand Collapse

Sounds epic, best of luck!
    --- Post updated ---
    Optional request, but it would be cool if the doors slide like on real UPS trucks. It would be nice to have an interactive truck, like sliding doors, interior door to cargo hold, etc. Once again, completely optional. Good luck! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. whatawhat

whatawhat
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to add sliding doors, but I am still new to JBeaming and I have not played around with the sliding doors mechanic or learned how it works yet
    Hopefully I will be able to figure it out as I think sliding doors are pretty important

4. MadMaxed

MadMaxed
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for making this. I do very much hope you finish this, for this would be a very awesome be vehicle to run from cops in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

(long post)
    I definitely agree with the other guys that using some T-series parts is a good idea. The headlights especially, since they’re modular and you can have both round lights or quad rectangular lights. Also, you could use the pre facelift h-series headlights and Wentward bus clearance lights to get it more close to the real life rectangular lights on this truck.

And for the interior, since it’s based on the h-series chassis, it could have the same steering wheel/ column and gauge cluster on a metal and/or rubberized plastic half dashboard like real world counterparts. (The rest of the interior is just stainless steel walls and diamond plate flooring, as you can kinda see in the pictures). Just as they do in real life, this would also save you a lot in parts commonality

Oh, and don’t forget the passenger side jump seat and an option for shelving in the back!

not sure if you thought about model designations but an idea I have is SV-Series (SV is for step van) with SV45 as the default, H45 based model, and maybe a short wheelbase class 4 version could be SV40. Finally, a lighter duty, H35 based narrow body short wheelbase with single rear wheels instead of duallies could be SV35 (it’s basically equivalent to those old Chevy light duty step vans)

^note single rear wheels, narrow body width and slightly lower overall height

#45 Blue Bird Gaming, Jun 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  6. whatawhat

whatawhat
    Expand Collapse

Appreciate these suggestions.
    SV-Series is actually the name I've been considering most, though I haven't officially gone with it yet (Probably will though as it's the one I like most out of the ones people have suggested)

7. A beam player

A beam player
    Expand Collapse

Maybe a ambulance config lol

8. whatawhat

whatawhat
    Expand Collapse

Some sort of fire rescue variant is planned

• Like Like x 1
  9. whatawhat

whatawhat
    Expand Collapse

After a little more JBeam work, I think I have gotten the deformation to look a little better
    screenshot_2024-06-17_01-26-25.png

And I've done a bit of taillight customization:
    Two variants (will probably add more, and obviously will add the high mounted lights front & rear)
    And you can individually change the type of light from Halogen to LED for the signals, brake lights, and reverse lights
    screenshot_2024-06-17_01-34-55.png screenshot_2024-06-17_01-34-37.png screenshot_2024-06-17_01-34-05.png

• Like Like x 15
  10. Turysta2020

Turysta2020
    Expand Collapse

download2.jpg

what about a ice cream truck with a working mister softee tune

11. ToshikKUZ

ToshikKUZ
    Expand Collapse

I do not know if there was a cash collector based on this car in reality, but if there was, then you can add it

• Like Like x 1
  12. carcrasher8848

carcrasher8848
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if there's Step Van based armored cash collector vans, but there are companies that make armored Step Vans for law enforcement use (SWAT, Emergency Response, etc.), so maybe a config like that could be possible.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LegThePeg

LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

Do you think it would be possible to create an armored version? I've occasionally seen these used for Brinks vans. (we have a bank at our local shopping center)

• Like Like x 2
  14. whatawhat

whatawhat
    Expand Collapse

Yes, armored variant (including SWAT) is planned
    --- Post updated ---
    There will be an ice-cream variant, but I am not sure how to do audio. I am still new to modding.

15. A beam player

A beam player
    Expand Collapse

Heres a tutorial
    upload_2024-6-18_21-50-13.png

16. whatawhat

whatawhat
    Expand Collapse

This doesn't really explain anything, but thank you

#56 whatawhat, Jun 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
  17. A beam player

A beam player
    Expand Collapse

no problem

18. Fy42145

Fy42145
    Expand Collapse

The chassis comes from the H-series?, this is suitable if you use a chassis from Durham

19. whatawhat

whatawhat
    Expand Collapse

This is using the H-Series chassis because that is what a lot of step vans are built on, mainly the E450 vans which this is based on. I am not going to use a truck chassis for a van.

20. Fy42145

Fy42145
    Expand Collapse

The chassis remains the same but it would be more effective to use a Durham axle or suspension because the effect would be very unstable

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice