On Hold Gavril Blue Collar series 0.2

Made for the American Workplace

1. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I actually got more Advance Design vibes from the truck TBH.

(Especially the bed)

2. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Which is exactly why I'm not going to be including it in any of my stories in its current state, even if other people request that I make the "obvious" choice. I think it'd be shameful of me to basically promote poor mods by using this...thing. Sure, it's the closest we've got to a quality '50s pickup, but it's not great by any means.

Also, I'd love to hear/see what you have planned with those heavy-duty vehicles, as I currently am looking for anything from 1969 back that is a big, heavy-duty vehicle, so if that's what you're planning, then great. (Peter Beamo's '50s T-Series would work, but it's got those annoying square headlights that make it unrealistic.) Even if it's a 1970 or older vehicle, I wouldn't be against it by any means, as it'd still be another car (and another large car) to play with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Also, was any parts anyway inspired by the Advance Design in any way? The bed really does remind me of that car.
    (I'd keep the Advance Design in mind when I start making mods.)

4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Meh, I can see where you're coming from; However I pulled the general visual aesthetics from the Chevrolet Task Force trucks. The Advance Design trucks had differently shaped rear fenders compared to this.

The Advance Design trucks were slightly different mechanically too; They used lever-action shocks instead of telescopic, and the driveshaft was a bit different.

You didn't get independent front suspension until the C/K trucks of the 60s, nor did you get the more modern frame design until then. These 2 things are what mainly ruin this mod, as for the D series was designed around IFS instead of Solid Axle front suspension, whereas the A.D and T.F trucks of the 40s and 50s were designed around Solid Axles.

Truck tech really hasn't changed much over the last century of motoring, however as an example, when you drive a 1996 GMC Sierra, it obviously handles and feels different than a 1966 Chevrolet C10, even though they both have independent front suspension and live axle rear, relatively similar frame styles, and are generally comparable in size. Sure weight and weight distribution, along with spring rates and whatnot, lead to these factors; However there are small mechanical changes and changes in technology that simply were not acknowledged in this mod, so things feel different even though they feel close to what a real vehicle would behave like.

I need to redo the entire mod anyway. It's bad... Embarrassingly bad. I'll leave it on the repo until the remake is done just so I can look back and see where I came from, but it's not up to par by any means.

I have been planning a large 20s truck at some point; I already have measurements and data to go off of, I just need the drive to make and model it. Jbeam would be almost trivial since most of the required stuff already has existing examples to base stuff off of.

Also I have this model A sized truck that I've been toying around with for several months now;

screenshot_00061.png

More info soon though, shh it's a secret :oops:

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Nice! Also, I think that the bed's lips (very top) gave me that vision. I'd probably do a Advance Design truck as a mod in the future (although I won't make it in the repo to be brutally honest).

I did find that both the AD and TF were made in Van Nuys, which was also where the Divan was made as well. Coincidence on coincidence?
    By the way, the Advance Design truck is actually the predecessor of the Task Force. I guess I learn more every day...

#325 General S'mores, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

Can I say something? No? Well, everytime I load the truck, the tires pop. Fix?

7. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Are you running the latest version of the mod? Try a fresh reinstall, it isn't doing it to me and I haven't heard from anyone since I updated it

Also, are you running the latest version of the game?

8. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

Latest version of game, but not mod I think.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Try a fresh installation of the mod (Clear cache too,) and see if the tires still explode. The update to the mod was a crucial one that was supposed to fix the tires, so it's required if you want to use it in 0.11 or later game versions.

10. Damiean Ron Lyons

Damiean Ron Lyons
    Expand Collapse

what truck is that?

11. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It's supposed to be based off the Ford Model A, though that's the best I can explain for now.

12. Remington

Remington
    Expand Collapse

Might be a conflict with the chevy apache mod, as that truck has the same issue, i fixed it by widening the track. It still wobbles from time to time with 6-lug wheels though.

13. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

What's the folder for the Apache? I need to delete it.

14. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Can't remember since I no longer have that version of the mod. Check your Vehicles folder or your Mods folder in My Documents.

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Must be the Russian mod.

16. TheGamingFan

TheGamingFan
    Expand Collapse

The 1929 Gavril Truck that has 6 Wheels is really awesome I love it.

#336 TheGamingFan, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  17. Damiean Ron Lyons

Damiean Ron Lyons
    Expand Collapse

please don't bump again!

18. TheGamingFan

TheGamingFan
    Expand Collapse

Okay I won't. I apologize for that.

19. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Can you bump a mod thread?

20. TheGamingFan

TheGamingFan
    Expand Collapse

I don't know. All I did was saying this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice