so hows it going

question:
    also is there gona be a rhd version
    suggestion:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Technically on hold, and will be until I can get settled in at a new place (I'm preparing to move atm.)

I was originally going to come back to this after the Vendetta, and I eventually will, just not right now.

if an update breaks it, I will try to restore compatibility, but that's about all I'd be able to do for now.

Eventually, I guess there could be a RHD version, but that'll come when I get around to remaking the model (Because let's face it; This one sucks in comparison to things I can put out now.)

Be patient, I will eventually get back to this ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

noice

4. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

@Driv3r1142
    This truck is too strong for a 50's vehicle. Here it is after a head-on collision with a D-series and a 800-series:
    screenshot_00953.png screenshot_00952.png screenshot_00951.png
    It also pulls to the left noticeably.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I know, and I hate my work for more than one reason on this mod, and this is one. It is identical to a D series, because it is one. It’s also out of scale, among other things.

I had no idea what I was doing with this back then, now I do.

If I come back to the mod, it’s getting completely remade.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CarCrasher76788

CarCrasher76788
    Expand Collapse

There's an in-game subscribe button...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Not when that was posted...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Aerohead1999

Aerohead1999
    Expand Collapse

is there any configurations for the blue collar? if so can i get a link?

9. Nightbear927

Nightbear927
    Expand Collapse

Finally, I've been looking for the truck and I finally found it :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

if you continue with the project could a second version with a fake front design

11. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I'm a registered member, my opinion is the rule, even though I literally just joined, if you object, I shall restate my opinion while ignoring you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

What is the red car in the background of some pictures?

13. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

The red car in this picture? It's an old mod that was once available on the site, however was taken down due to copyright violations (Model came from a game and was hosted on repo.)

I no longer have it and even if I did I would not be allowed to share it with you without permission from the author, who probably doesn't want these cars shared since they do not represent his/her current JBeam capabilities.

I forget what it was called, its been too long since I took the screenshots to even tell you :/

14. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Aww man :(. Still, Great mod!

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a fallout vehicle, to be honest. (The red vehicle)

16. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

That was the Jefferson Futura from Mafia II.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Damn, you're really good at identification.

18. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I just remembered using that car back in the early days of 0.5/0.5.1/0.5.2, when I first bought BeamNG.drive and discovered the mods. I really quite liked using it back then, so I remember it very well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I used to play the older version (it was probably 3.something) years ago. I'm now currently up-to-date.
    [I also enjoyed the older mods, like the CV, the 3-wheeled D-Series, and others.]

20. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I could never get it to work properly... IIRC the JBeam was a very unstable edit of the Moonhawk, and would constantly pop out in places after being driven for awhile.

Regardless it was one of my favorites back then, just as time went on, it just didn't appeal as much.

Anyway, good thing this showed up in my alerts today, I sort of forgot about the mod for a bit...

I think I'll return to this mod someday, though for now, it's just not interesting me. I made this when I was interested in older trucks, now I'm interested in performance vehicles and heavy duty equipment, not civilian pickups that are really glorified coupes with the back end cut off and replaced with a bed.

The mod needs a complete overhaul, something I can do now, but honestly want to devote to being its on project, not a side project while I'm working on things I'm currently interested in.

Again, should a future update break it I'll try and update it, but I just won't be adding anything or giving any progress for awhile.

This was pretty much my first attempt at making a vehicle in general, and, it kinda sucked. Since it was originally a russian mod remake, I was still dumb and thought that all I had to do was put in the D series solid axle, update JBeam code a bit, and call it good. Obviously I was wrong.

To say it simply, I was dumb and didn't know what I was doing in the first place. It's "Close enough" for most people, though anyone who knows a Task Force Chevrolet truck knows that they're definitely not the ride of a 90s solid axle equipped truck, nor the same weight.

I'm ashamed of my work here since even back then, I could've been a bit more intelligent and done things a bit better than I did, but chose not to for foolish reasons.

I also saw you went back and rated an old post I made on a now dead mod I made.

Let me clear some things up on those, as for I'm sure many people saw those images and teaser shots and were wondering what happened to them;

The Valiant I made, broke in 0.11 due to me accidentially removing some crucial nodes and putting things on edge; No fix. The 2nd gen Camaro, dubbed the "Gavril Contender", was dumped on the forums for anyone to take a look at and possibly rework into something better that they could call their own.

Originally I had plans to redo both, but since my grandmother passed on shortly after 0.11 was dropped at thanksgiving (She died December 19th 2017,) I pretty much lost most my motivation for things and abandoned both of them.

The third car I hinted at but never mentioned until I made a thread for it, turned into the Gavril Vendetta, and has been released on the repository, and is still in development as of this moment.

There, that's what happened to all 3 vehicles mentioned in prior posts.

• Informative Informative x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice