On Hold Gavril Blue Collar series 0.2

Made for the American Workplace

1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I lowered it to 0 and it exploded.

I was working on my Sporter mod, and I think there might be some beams connecting things that shouldn't be on this mod.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also this issue was present in older game versions, just not as drastic.

I have tried track widths at the default D series values (Which is where I got the suspension from,) tried lowering the tire pressure, and my only conclusion is that there are beams connecting things that should not be connected, possibly with bad beam preCompression values or connecting nodes of vastly different weights.

This whole mod just needs to be redone unfortunately. I have improved greatly in my JBeam skills since this and I feel like I am messing with a hacked together mod instead of a real good quality mod. Its literally using stuff from both the D series and the H series, has a body JBeam from 2013/2014 (From Russian mod remake of the 1958 Chevrolet Apache,) and was having issues I couldn't solve in older versions of the game.

I would feel more comfortable releasing a version that has no D series JBeams and I know where the support beams and limiter beams and such are connected at, and what they're doing.

Just be patient, wait until I get the Sporter done, and I will come back to this mod for a fresh start.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MadZee

MadZee
    Expand Collapse

Good luck with both mods! Starting over from the beginning to ensure the best possible quality is a commendable move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Good news everybody; I narrowed issues down to a couple things;
    The bed is an issue
    The exhaust for the i6 is an issue

The frame and suspension are perfectly fine, its parts that were causing issues in prior versions that have come back to haunt me instead.

I will be redoing this mod eventually, but I say you kids better be good for now, because you never know what might show up in your stockings this Christmas :rolleyes:
    --- Post updated ---
    Update- It was not those as the issue; It was scaleBeam and other related "scale" factors still being present in old JBeams that were used in this mod and edited.

I am working on preparing a patch, it should be up sometime next week.

4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Driv3r1142 updated Gavril Blue Collar series with a new update entry:

The Blue Collar needed a quick tow, so I gave it one.

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. 2swede4u

2swede4u
    Expand Collapse

When you totally redo this truck, any plans for a small back window as an option? Would be awesome for a configuration I made lol! One hint, "right turn Clyde."

• Like Like x 1
  6. NewtonASDF

NewtonASDF
    Expand Collapse

Very nice! The front still gets mad with 5 lugs and a width under 2.25 but overall its 10/10.
    20171211221355_1.jpg
    It is quite controllable when going fast and murdering snowmen too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

There was a similar(ish) mod a while ago made by @RELYT2012 except this mod is a full-on pickup.

8. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah, except Relyt's mod was just a Burnside slapped on a D-Series J-beam.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Well to be fair this PoS is too so I can't say either is better aside from appearances.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

It's back?! Yes!

I am so relieved that this mod is back in action. After all, it is pretty much the closest we're going to get to an official classic D-Series for a while (if ever), so I really wanted to see this mod back. Now that it's back, though....well....

...let's just say that I had way too much fun drifting the tow truck around on Gridmap while listening to Eurobeat.
    screenshot_01299.png screenshot_01300.png

Overall, though, I'm seriously hyped to try out all of the configurations for this vehicle over the next few weeks. I'll also try to get some performance data to compare it to the stock D-Series, if I don't spend too much time drifting this old truck around.

EDIT: That old brake light bug is still there, and is still as annoying as it was previously.
    screenshot_01301.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I tried to fix the taillights on my end, its a combination of flares and possibly my glowMap setup and texture.

I will work on it again to see if I can't fix it for good.

13. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Say, has anyone tried out the tow truck to see if it works to tow vehicles? Ik it works on my end, but idk if it is working for anyone else, I haven't even seen anyone playing around with it or commenting on it, so I can't gauge if it is working.

It is coupler based, so standard coupling commands should work to latch or unlatch vehicles.

If it works, let me know, if not, then oh well, atleast it looks good.

14. NewtonASDF

NewtonASDF
    Expand Collapse

Its very difficult to grab cars compared to the old d-series tow truck. Often it grabs itself and requires a reset to fix it and when it does grab a car, it grabs the bumper and either tears it off or falls off once you get going. Also not being able to control cable length is annoying because everything heavier than a pigeon will make the truck unsteerable because the front is in the air.

15. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the feedback, I will see what I can do with it.

16. Cylendraki

Cylendraki
    Expand Collapse

not first ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe make a newer version? maybe like 2015-17? here's a suggestion of what it (COULD) look like?

17. Nova Fanboy

Nova Fanboy
    Expand Collapse

I don't think that's truly the point of this mod nor the author to expand into current day vehicles as the gavril d-series is a OK contender. But if I'm not mistaken there actually is a mod currently being developed to mimic and mainly based off of newer Ford's, GMC's etc. that might suite what you're looking for.
    Edit: here's the link to the mod I was referencing. It's based on a few years older than 2017 but that's going to be the best your going to get for a while. https://www.beamng.com/threads/gavril-2012-d-series.48737/

18. Cylendraki

Cylendraki
    Expand Collapse

ok, that's fine.

19. SpaceEngineer

SpaceEngineer
    Expand Collapse

I noticed than whenever I spawn it with the lights on the top of the tow bed, the lights fall over.

20. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Known issue, didn't have time to fix. I need to re-attach some support beams to nodes that actually exist :p

Should be fixed shortly :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice