1. Stuck or having problems creating your mod?

On Hold Gavril Blue Collar series 0.2

Made for the American Workplace

1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Most of this here is slightly old. There are more configs in game and I am working on rewriting this post with the changes and the status of the next release

INTRODUCTION;
    screenshot_00757.png

I have made this thread to document the rest of the development for this truck.
    (Also this was done to concentrate the new posts in one location, instead of all over the forums.)
    This mod has been in the works now off and on for over a year, with most of the major development being done in the last few weeks.
    Now that it is in game, and really close to a point of a stable release, I find that it's time to make a thread.

As it sits, it currently has the parts for the first 2 fictional model years. I plan to expand this out to include a larger range of trucks and more model years. (Read below for more info.)

PLANNED CONFIGS;
    For the first stage of planned release, The truck will have a handful of configs, all revolving around the "step-side" body style.
    Here is each one in the mods current state. These ones will be in the first release;

Inline 6;
    i6.png

353 V8; (Same parts as above just a Gavril 353 V8.)
    V8.png

Cab on frame;
    CabOnFrame.png

BEAMCO 4x4;
    BEAMCO4x4.png

BEFORE NEXT RELEASE CHECKLIST;
    screenshot_00764.png

This mod is far from finished as a whole, however it is reaching a point where I can put out an initial release.
    Before the initial release, I still need to do the following;
    • Finish tweaking the JBeam for proper deformation and weight. Almost done, need to clean up errors.
    • Expand and improve existing textures.
    • Finalize some of the existing materials/textures.
    • Finalize the long bed 2000 series models
    • Fix generally any concerns brought up in reviews and in this thread.
    (Message me if you're interested in being a tester of unstable versions. NOTE that you need to have an uploaded vehicle or terrain resource before you can be a tester. You will be credited for your support when the next version is released. ;) )

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF FUTURE PLANS
    screenshot_00766.png

The initial release will be a basic step-side truck (the 1955-1956 model).
    However I plan on expanding the body and components to include the full 1955-1959 model year run, Heavy duty components, a Fleetside style bed, a "Carryall" style body, and more. Don't worry, everything I have planned will be posted about as time goes on.

CURRENT STATE OF MOD DEVELOPMENT;
    screenshot_00771.png

• JBEAM - 82% (Still need to do a bit of tweaking, tuning, and finishing up. Right now its stable, but it has some quirks that still need to be worked out.)
    • MODEL - 68% (Still need to make the rest of the parts for the later model years, ect.)
    • MATERIALS - 90% (Mostly done at this point, however this will expand to include future variants later.)
    • UV's/TEXTURES - 22% (I am unwrapping only the needed components for a release as of now, and making their relevant materials. As the development continues, expect more of the vehicle to be unwrapped, and a potential way of doing skins to be implemented.)
    • MISC. - 50% (There are plenty of other things in the works, So stay tuned!

CURRENT CREDITS;
    screenshot_00774.png

Read the mods page for credits.

LAST NOTES;
    screenshot_00751.png
    If you wish to contribute any, Feel free to message me. You do not have to, Although any help is appreciated and will be credited.

Again this mod is far from finished, as for I have much larger plans that span far beyond the initial release.

This mod will not be perfect at first, however this will change as the mod gets closer to completion, and I hear the feedback you guys give.

Check back daily for updates. I will be updating the main post with percentages and completion notices as the components are completed. I will also be posting more info below, so keep an eye out.

Keep all of your posts constructive and appropriate. Failure to do so can result in your posts being taken down by the moderators, and this thread potentially ending up locked. Please do not make this happen.

Maps used in the screenshots;
    CK Showroom
    Oceanfront
    Thumbnail generator showroom map (Official map)
    Beam Mountains
    Rally Forest
    Utah (Official map)

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00753.png
    #1 Driv3r1142, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
  2. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

can i download this cool pickup

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Awesome, i hope you can finish this once bad mod into a great one.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Did you read the post silly? It's a work in progress :p It will be released when its ready for its initial release.

If you want to look at released mods, Check out the mods page, and posts with [WIP Beta released] in the title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

can I download your mod?

#5 Peter Beamo, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  6. FX04

FX04
    Expand Collapse

It's cool, but... isn't that Atomix's Cherobil Crusader?
    --- Post updated ---
    And an idea is to call it the D-series (as it's likely the 1st/2nd gen) and is the same class.
    --- Post updated ---
    And of course, make a van, fleetside and some custom configs (like Rat Rod, Custom, Drag, Lowride).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tommy1995

Tommy1995
    Expand Collapse

nope

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. FX04

FX04
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, they're similar, I've thought it is.

9. Shtoorminator

Shtoorminator
    Expand Collapse

That thing looks awesome! Finally the 50s pickup-truck that is not made by turning the Burnside into ute. But I have a few questions and suggestions:
    - I don't see radiator support through the grill. Is it there? And if not than will you add it?
    - Will yoy add some badges or some kind of 50s decor? I mean all 50s pickup-trucks that I can remember have badges on their fenders or chrome stripes/aircraft_looking_thing on their hoods or something like that. Although maybe that were custom parts, I dunno...
    - Shouldn't the front wheels be covered with inner fenders?
    - The model itself looks cool, but the low part of front fender looks a bit too edgy. Maybe try to make it smoothier?

All of those suggestions are totally optional of course and... good luck with the project :)

*slowly moves mouse cursor to "Watch Thread" button*

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

I nearly thought of this: https://www.beamng.com/resources/gavril-d1-1957.2542/
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, I wish this would be a standalone model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ChevyDriver

ChevyDriver
    Expand Collapse

Wow, looks awesome :) but I´d rather brand it as a Burnside as it reminds me of a Burnside Special

12. FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL

FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL
    Expand Collapse

Burnside used to be Gavril's luxury division.

Leave the "luxury pickup" concept to Mercedes-Benz, please. :p

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The 50s Burnside looks like a homemade conversion to me. That's the backstory I have for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

And Cadillac. And Lincoln.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. alex_333

alex_333
    Expand Collapse

Great to see it out on the forums!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse

Mercedes wasn't the first luxury pickup.

on a side note: Did you know that mercedes citan is basically a dacia dokker? as it uses the same body and engines, but it is way more expensive

17. FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL

FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL
    Expand Collapse

I know.

MB though is certainly the first manufacturer making a big deal over a "luxurious" rebadged Navara... :p
    Actually, a Renault Kangoo. The Dokker is built on the same base, but most of its body panels are specific, while the Kangoo and the Citan share everything but the front end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse

But still, you can get the same car for way cheaper by just going for non-german version :D

19. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

can you make a medium duty version and a school bus

20. FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL

FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL
    Expand Collapse

Ah, sure, the Dokker also looks (marginally) better than the Kango, while still being cheaper, for that matter...

(We're going off-topic here...)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice