Garage to Garage East Coast USA

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by geexmmo, Feb 12, 2022.

1. geexmmo

geexmmo
    Expand Collapse

Totally liked original Garage to Garage scenario on Italy map.
    But as time passes my love to Italy map fades away

So this is my attempt to recreate garage to garage based on original scenario but now it's on East Coast USA!

I haven't reused a lot of flow charts or scenario structures from original scenario and tried to build similar thing from ground up.

This thing lacks cool floating camera things, scoreboards or anything else that I found difficult to implement considering lack of documentation(or my googling skills? pls link docs if there is any) on modding tools, flowchart elements or complex scenario structures.

But it has the basics like:
    - spawning random vehicles for player
    - npc traffic
    - selecting spawn/stop points from prefab and placing player/parking markers on them
    - range check so spawn and finish are not too close to each other
    - navigation arrows and map
    - being easily portable to different maps by creating you own prop file and slight adjustments to lua in GtGScenario.flow.json

https://www.beamng.com/resources/garage-to-garage-east-coast-usa.21601/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andryusha

Andryusha
    Expand Collapse

Good mod :)
    The only problem I have encountered is with this finish location:

upload_2022-2-18_19-26-53.png

I had to lift all 4 corners of my car with node grabber for the game to detect that I have placed the vehicle correctly.
    However it might just be due to a vehicle since I have used a non repository mod called bmw m3 nfs gtr

3. Aeroracer

Aeroracer
    Expand Collapse

The mod doesn't seem to be working. I re-installed it to try and get it to work, but whenever I try to load it up from the scenario selector, it only sends me back to the main title screen. Is there a way to fix this? Is there something wrong on my end?

4. arths

arths
    Expand Collapse

great job with this mod!
    changing it to work with another map didn't even need that much tinkering
    works flawless for me, the only problem is that the minimap isn't centered. but i feel like this bug is BeamNG's fault.

Question:
    You don't mind if i use your mod as a template to create my own?
    Thought about turning it into a Truck Simulator for driving trailers around.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice