1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Gaming wheel radius

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by BowlerHatJack, Oct 23, 2016.

1. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I have tried to change the steering radius of my gaming wheel from default 900 to 540. I changed the radius in my drivers to 540 and confirmed it but when I go into beamng.drive it hasn't changed.

I have a g29 driving force wheel if that helps.

#1 BowlerHatJack, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Bump

Can anyone with a wheel atleast confirm that you can (or cannot) change the wheel radius?

3. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

The steering wheel angle can be influenced if you switch the steering mechanism of the car. Some cars offer more racing-oriented steering parts (with lower steering lock angles) that you may want to try.

4. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

If i understand you correctly then you're talking about how to change the cars steering radius ingame from the stock value of 1 440 degrees to roughly 990 degrees. And that is done by equipping the "quick ratio steering box". But that is no my issue. My issue is that I'm beta testing a formula 1 mod where the steering radius is only 540 degrees in total (270 degrees in full lock to one side). What I want to do is change my in real life gaming wheel so that after I have (in real life) turned my gaming wheel only 270 degrees to one side the car in game should have full wheel lock to one side.

5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ah, I misunderstood your problem then.

I haven't had the opportunity to work with a G29, but I have tested a G27 and G25.

The logitech drivers for both of those allow to set any steering lock angle for any game. G29 is probably similar. Make sure you are not inadvertently using some game-specific profile for BeamNG which may be overwriting the global steering lock value you've set. I've seen confusion about this configuration option a couple of times in the past. If you want to make sure, just disable all possible profile-related options in logitech drivers/profiler.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Yes thank you. I just noticed it was not on standard and it was instead put on some other game that i use. Now it works perfectly fine. I feel a bit silly now.:)

It's kinda strange though how Beamng is not in the list of games that the drivers have a profile for but games like "Battlefield 2" and "Garrys mod" has one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

No worries, glad to see you got it working :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice