If you are having issues with deactivating many mods at once like I had, I seem to have found a solution to it. I made a simple code fix which now deactivates the mods a lot faster and doesn't seem to crash the game anymore The problem from what I can tell stems from the game rewriting a several MBs large db.json file every time a mod is deactivated when deactivating all mods. This means that if you have 200 mods, it will be rewriting that file 200 times (file writing totaling in the GBs) which kinda makes sense why the game lags so much and then I guess gives up and crashes lol. The thing is that the file write only needs to be done one single time after disabling all the mods. To fix it, replace the file at steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\lua\ge\extensions\core\modmanager.lua with the attached file (keep a backup of the old modmanager.lua file just in case you want to revert changes). The changes I made include: Line 836: Added an extra parameter to the function deactivateMod called preventStateChange. Line 860: Added an if statement that checks if preventStateChange is true and prevents the rewriting of the db.json file. Line 650: Added true as the second argument to the deactivateMod function call in the deactivateAllMods function.