G27 mount broke.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by clayton8or, Dec 25, 2015.

1. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Title says it all... the left C clamp snapped in the middle of the night for no apperent reason when it was on my desk then fell off when i tried to tighten it again. Is there any way to get a new mount because i couldnt seem to find one. Or can i just super-ultra-mega glue it back on and hope for the best?

2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I would try to glue it, and if that doesn't work try and use an external clamp to try and clamp it into place.
    I saw someone trying to sell an old G25 where the shifter was missing its clamps, and there was a board installed to clamp it into place. Maybe you could devise a similar system for the wheel itself?

But first I would try and glue it. If that doesn't work, then either wait until someone sells a G27 that's broken for parts, or a new C clamp comes on the market somewhere. If those 2 options dont happen, then you could try to use an external clamp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice