1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

1. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if it's just on my end, but looking at the parts system, at first look it seems that removing the Fuel tank doesn't have any effect, when it should in theory kill the car like removing the engine would.

I had a closer look using the fuel measurements/capacity on one of the telemetry menus, and I noticed that removing the tank actually increases the fuel, or at least in the D15's case. Without the tank I had a 75L fuel capacity, and without it I had a 100L capacity.

It's quite a small thing to notice, so just in case the devs haven't noticed it themselves yet, I thought I'd just post it here.

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

I wonder how gabe set this up.

Could be that the fuel capacity is not coupled to the car itself yet (Should be easy to do so though).

Other thing we were thinking of was changing the fuel tank weight depending on its content status :)

3. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

That would be a pretty nice thing to implement, actually.

4. Tango91

Tango91
    Expand Collapse

It's very cool to see the amount of fuel decreasing in the debug menu as you run the engine, in conjunction with the MPG calculation lower down. Great job, can't wait to see how it develops from here :)

5. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

Grand Marshall is eating 25 l/100km according to the debug menu when I'm keeping the speed at 40 km/h with minimal pedal work. Quite a lot.

6. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

I agree. If you can figure out the weight of a liter of petrol, you can plug that into an equation to add fluid weight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice