Front wheels spin too fast, 300+mph in under 2 seconds

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by ThreeDTech21, Mar 11, 2020.

1. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Im moding a rear wheel drive car to be a All wheel drive car, I simply added a front differential to the setup. below is the Rear diff and front diff code.

wheelstofast.png

Rear Diff (works as intended)
    Code:
        ],
        "powertrain" : [
            ["type", "name", "inputName", "inputIndex"],
            ["shaft", "wheelaxleRL", "differential_R", 1, {"connectedWheel":"RL", "breakTriggerBeam":"axle_RL", "uiName":"Rear Left Axle", "friction":2}],
            ["shaft", "wheelaxleRR", "differential_R", 2, {"connectedWheel":"RR", "breakTriggerBeam":"axle_RR", "uiName":"Rear Right Axle", "friction":2}],

Front Diff (spins at 6x the speed of rear wheels) 300+mph in under 2 seconds then pops
    Code:

],
        "powertrain" : [
            ["type", "name", "inputName", "inputIndex"],
            ["shaft", "wheelaxleFL", "differential_F", 1, {"connectedWheel":"FL", "breakTriggerBeam":"axle_FL", "uiName":"Front Left Axle", "friction":2}],
            ["shaft", "wheelaxleFR", "differential_F", 2, {"connectedWheel":"FR", "breakTriggerBeam":"axle_FR", "uiName":"Front Right Axle", "friction":2}],

What would cause this? I simply added the front diff, no other drivetrain code has been touched.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

you may need a transfercase and and appropriate rear driveshaft for the transfercase

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

ok cool where would I set the transfercase, would it be in the transmission or a separate setup?

4. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

it could be in the transmission

5. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Ok I just looked at the hill climb drivetrain I’ll try to model mines after that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice