Unsolved Front Dually Wheel Help

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Makuta, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Makuta

Makuta
    Expand Collapse

I'm wondering if anyone can help me solve the last issue I have with my front dually mod. Currently the outer and inner wheels are able to spin independently unlike the stock rear dually wheels where the inners and outers are locked together. The mod is currently only for the H series and was supposed to include a rear triple wheel option but the outer most wheel has the same problem of being able to spin independently.

The main thing I am looking for is what is it that locks the wheels together on one hub because I've tried messing with the hubs, tires, and wheels and haven't been able to figure it out. I'm still new to modding in beam and appreciate any advice you may have.

Attached Files:

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It's not as easy as it seems. You might need custom suspensions to support this kind of thing because the powertrain might not allow it normally. At least you need custom wheel hubs with custom spindles that reroute the drivetrain to include the dually hub differentials in them, and it will get really messy in the triple variant. For the front you just have to replicate the exact same powertrain layout as there is on the back, but for the triple ones it will be really tricky.

3. Makuta

Makuta
    Expand Collapse

So this was my original plan of attack was duplicate as much as I could from the rear to the front. If you look in the mod I have added custom front hubs with updated powertrain that have an added dually wheel data section at the bottom. The powertrain is actually already somewhat working and under power it will spin the outer and the inner tire together, but without power applied they spin independently.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This is not what you did, you only changed enough for the wheels to appear in game by making the front hubs and spindles the same as the rear ones, but you didn't reroute the entire drivetrain like you should have to make them connected. And on the rear you just made a big mess of random things that won't work. You should learn how powertrain works before making a mod like this, it's not as simple as copy+pasting things. https://wiki.beamng.com/Powertrain.html This is a bit outdated (I mean EXTREMELY outdated) but should help.

5. Makuta

Makuta
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the information. I'll read up some more and keep staring at these Jbeams and hopefully I can pick up some more information along the way.

6. nachtstiel

nachtstiel
    Expand Collapse

Attached here is an example I set up to have front duallies on the scintilla. This one should be fairly easy to morph to match the D-series by adjusting the offsets to match.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice