Forum Suggestion: Make Mod Discussion Thread Prefix match Mod Prefix

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by zschmeez, Feb 25, 2018.

1. zschmeez

zschmeez
    Expand Collapse

Hello! I've only recently started releasing mods on the forums, and I've noticed something a bit odd: when you are adding a resource, you have the option to select the mod's prefix. I typically select "no prefix," as my mods are usually entirely complete when I release them, but many people choose from the other options as well.

However, when the mod is approved and a discussion thread is created, even though I select "no prefix," the thread is marked "WIP Beta Released," and I have to manually change it to "Released." This seems to be the case with all mods, even ones which the creator has made clear are not works in progress.

My suggestion would be to make the prefixes used in the mod forums automatically reflect the mod's state as marked in the repository. If the creator chooses "No prefix," it should be assumed that the mod is complete, and the state should be marked as "Released." If the creator chooses to mark their mod Alpha, Beta, or Experimental, the mod should be assigned a tag of "WIP Beta released." And obviously, if a mod is marked Unsupported or Outdated, the forum post should also be marked "Outdated."

I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice