1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Forum changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Will there be badges for people on the forum that say who is a member, moderator, administrator etc.? Because so far, there's only one just for the staff members

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-1-4_2-59-43.png

He did that.

3. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

The following users find this post funny: @Treevus , @Brett , @Standard , and 15 others

4. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Sorry, but it's those long signatures that ruin loading times.

5. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Captu33re.png

22Capture.png

Capt3424ure.png

"In order to be a mature gentleman, you must say 'childish' in order to move up the hierarchy of status and class."

But for real though, why every post you gotta say "childish"? Does it make you feel badass to think that you're 5 years older than everybody? I get that you're trying to give the impression that everybody else is below you, however, you can use other words besides "childish" or "kids".

6. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

I have never noticed bad loading times on this site, and my connection is shit.

7. EvilMcSheep

EvilMcSheep
    Expand Collapse

Same. My connection barely ever reaches 1MB/s and I have even used the site on a Pentium 4 not too long ago, never had any issues.
    Text just isn't very hard to load unless there's a LOT of it.
    A limit of ~50 lines should be more than enough to prevent any noticeable problems.

8. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like somebody has a complex going on. Childish has been the only good way to describe what goes on here since day one.

9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

*Note, this is not necessarily directed at you, but is a good read for all (well I think so) :

This is a given, or at-least inevitable. There should be a member rating system. Like if you make good mods, etc, contribute, help others, solve problems and such. So you can be known as a contributor, vs someone who just hangs out and comes for the good time, or someone else who just causes an attention deficit storm every time they have an opportunity (read: all the time).
    Why is it such a given though? As I've noticed, there's lot of kids, seeing as this is a family friendly site, there's no guns people or animals in the game to cause harm. There's no blood, guts or other bodily thingies flying about, no adult themes, etc. So naturally, the kids will be all over a sandbox game just as much as the bored adults like me who enjoy creating mods in an open-ended game will be.
    This is the garry's mod of cars, basically. That should say a lot - both for the game - and the demographic it attracts. Even as an adult I found fun stuff to do in garry's mod. Though that game engine was best suited for indoor use, not large outdoor environments, as it was still BSP-based (Original Doom, quake, goldsource/HL1, source/HL2 etc all were Binary-source-partitioned type engines, best suited to indoors, due to extensive ray-casting when doing visibility in maps).
    So this game is mod-friendly, comes with it's own editor, all ages of creative people will come to it where you can make miles and miles of FUN.
    Some people will come here for this - including people wanting to create an argument. There's going to be arguments, in public places, it happens, regardless if it's some kid that forgot to take his or her medicine (or just refuses to), or someone's having a bad day, or it's the guy in his 20s who got fired from his job and wants to improperly direct his anger and hence take it out on the next unsuspecting victim to come along here.

This will happen.
    This is life.
    We must accept this.

We cannot prevent all of it, but we CAN manage what does happen, and try to keep more from happening to a minimum (and also keep what's happening from being 'contagious' and happening elsewhere, through discipline and morals).

That said, there's always who comes along and stomps all over the rule book, we just can't let them get to us, even if that means, logging off and taking a break, and going and smashing some pianos.

Take your anger out of the pianos in-game, not here :) That's what they're there for.
    Though I am far from religious, and don't usually bring up religion for obvious reasons, I would suggest those steamed-up folks google THE SERENITY PRAYER. It's words to live by, seriously.
    That and "Do unto others, as you wish done to you" is equally as important.
    --Cheers

10. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

true i guess its like how a celeb could get tonnes of likes on twitter when posting a picture of a meal.

Yeah the ratings might be cool but in the end of the day the only thing that matters is mods (good mods) and official dev news.

11. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Actually....yeah! I never had to wait longer than 3 seconds for a Beamng page to load actually. Even when I was using hotel WiFi. And those things are crap.

12. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

The loss of long sigs is obviously a conspiracy created by the dial-up using forum members...

13. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

You can tell a lot about a person from their signature; keep that in mind.

Edit: I’m not sure where I was going with this, or why I posted it. It’s been a long day.

14. Regenworm

Regenworm
    Expand Collapse

Wow, when i first joined this forums everybody seemed nice to eachother, then everyone started to hate on eachothers because eachothers mods ''sucked''. And now when the devs try to make it better they hate on the devs?

15. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Here's what we really need: BeamNG.heroes.

upload_2018-1-4_10-12-12.png

16. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Furries are a problem. They’ve gotta let everyone know they’re a furry, by making their fursona their profile picture and things like that.

My last post on here for a while.

17. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

Petrol heads are a problem. They've gotta let everyone know they're a petrol head, by making their favorite car their profile and things like that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

What's the preblem with liking cars on a forum about a game about cars? Get your shit together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

I was mocking him, talking about furries being a problem this forum. I don't personally like furries, but I don't see how they are affecting the forum in a negative manor. So, I said saying furries are a problem is like saying petrol heads are a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

There should be something done to people like Ivan Lochcov, hiding behind VPN's and such.

21. welshtoast

welshtoast
    Expand Collapse

I think we`re going "slightly" off-topic here..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice