1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Forest Mesh not saving, thought that was addressed.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Artistterrymartin, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Made a few trees, new mesh brushes. Come back later and they gone like the wind.
    Someone else told me a while back about this happening.
    Its not a big deal, I been hand planting stuff a while anyways, but would be nice to use it sometimes. Guess the data block is not being saved, the new brushes are there, but the forest item mesh is gone.

2. Mopman93

Mopman93
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Do you mean that the forest items you placed are not there or that the whole Forest object is missing? Are the new forest brushes also gone or not?

3. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, replying late, I made a quick video. (1) Forest Item Vanishing After Summer 2021 update - On my system/level - YouTube

Not sure if this matters, but anything drawn with a custom forest mesh this pops up upload_2021-7-26_20-14-2.png
    I can load my own mesh into an existing forest mesh and it does save what I paint
    I can just use some of the existing meshes for the time being. Its not like I have a lot of stuff to use the forest tool with. Just seems to be a problem with the new creation of a mesh object being saved. Which I remember that button being fixed in a recent update.
    upload_2021-7-26_20-23-18.png

#3 Artistterrymartin, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  4. xnx1985

xnx1985
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem but I find a way to add new items. it seems like the new version doesn't save the managedItemData.cs file (art/forest path) so I add my forest item manually and now it shows on the map
    I also manage to restore some of my work (2 hours I think wasted ) editing back the *.forest4.json.for.bak by removing the .for.bak

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice