1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Folder for loading screen images?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by korbitr, Apr 15, 2018.

1. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

The latest update for the FR17 mod seems to have dropped a few of it's own pictures into the folder that contains all the loading screen pictures. Either that, or this is a feature that very few mod makers have taken advantage of. If this is a feature, is it possible for me to disable it? Or if it's just the mod, where is the folder for the loading screen images located so I can delete the ones that came with the mod?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. fredu

fredu
    Expand Collapse

You could also delete them from the ZIP file. That way the vehicle is still usable.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I recall that the mod will stop working if you modify the ZIP manually (for repository mods, as the hash won't match anymore)

5. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

They override the originals?
    Is there any way around this so that the originals display as well? I've been doing this in my mods as well, unaware that they take precedence over the originals.

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Depends how you do.

If you use the same filename of the original screenshots, you are going to override them.
    If you 'add' them (ie. 21, 22, etc.), it should be ok (not entirely sure if possible tho)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't seem like the game likes that. ;)
    ee.png
    I've always had them start at 70 in order to avoid overwriting the originals, but it seems like the game simply ignores the stock loading screen images if you have ones that come with a mod. It isn't really a big issue, but regardless.
    In a slightly related note, I tried adding a custom splash screen video a while ago but the game never seemed to load it even if it came from the game's folder location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\ui\modules\mainmenu\drive\videos) and even if it was correct file type and the .json had been adjusted for it.

8. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice