Flat-foot Shifting

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Señor Krill, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Señor Krill

Señor Krill
    Expand Collapse

So, I got the chance to drive a Cobb Tuned WRX with Flat-Foot Shifting. All I can say it was a blast to drive.
    So now my suggestion. If will be nice to see some sort of Flat-Foot shifting on the Sunburst as it seems to have the same sort of style a WRX has with rally configs etc.
    I have tried to code it myself but to no success as I don't have the time unfortunately to test and play around with the code as my finals are coming up for my 1ste year.

What Flat-Foot shifting
    FLAT-FOOT SHIFTING allows you to keep your foot flat on the accelerator while changing gear, so as to minimise gearchange time and keep engine speed and torque up in preparation for the next gear. It is also possible to adjust the torque to maximise power when engaging the next gear.
    source: https://www.ecutek.com/

2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

You can already do that tho, just turn off all of the assists and use the clutch manually.

3. Señor Krill

Señor Krill
    Expand Collapse

I know that, but its not real flat foot shifting.

4. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

"Flat foot shifting" often refers to a driving assist that is essentially a rev limiter that engages when the clutch is in. Allows to keep the throttle pinned while not being as bad for your drivetrain as WOT shifting a regular manual.

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wi...ch+Control+and+Flat-Foot+Shift+for+Subaru+FAQ

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice