1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

First try engine swapping fail, help xD

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MarkosRuiz, Nov 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

Hello guys I have in WIP status a mod for a Pigeon, adding an engine that was not in the game. I'm trying to put the Hopper i6 into the Grand Marshal (Fullsize). First I adjusted the engine into the bay, and saved it as .dae.
    Then I edited the Hopper_engine.jbeam and replaced all Hopper for Fullsize.

When I went to test it, the Grand Marshal shows at the menu but when I try to spawn it this happens:

I've uploaded the file here, can you guys please help me and fix the error/s? I have no idea what's wrong...
    I will give credit to the person that helps me. I want the mod working properly to see in what did I failed, I want to learn but my mind it's going to explode xD.

Cheers,
    Marc.

Attached Files:

2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Usually, this is caused by a syntax error. Upload a picture of the console (~ key), and I can pinpoint it.
    This happens all the time.

3. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

My mind is going to explode xDDDDDD. Here you have sir

Attached Files:

• 20171111022213_1.jpg
  4. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

It looks like a .lua parsing error, not a .jBeam error, but I can't really tell because it's 2AM lol.
    Try running in safe mode, then enable your mod in the mod manager.

5. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

Okay I got it working, was an error on a line that caused that. Now the thing is, the engine shows but without textures (orange), and as I turn, the engine moves all arround the car.
    I re-upload the file, for someone who wants to test it.

Keep in mind that i'm starting with models and jbeam and that stuff so I need the help of the wiki because beamng drive doesn't fix automatically this kind of issues yet.
    Be patient please.

So many thanks, really hyped to finish this to see where do I failed.

Attached Files:

6. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

You need to copy the materials.cs file from the original car, too.
    To fix the move around car glitch, go into your 3D program and apply the location, rotation, and scale (set the origin back to (0,0,0))

7. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

You say that I have to ''apply'' the location but the set it to 0? I don't know what do you mean... And about the materials.cs... Do I have to copy it to another folder called common, where the 3d model is right?

8. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

In blender, select the parts and press Ctrl+A, then apply location, rotation, and scale. For materials.cs, copy it from the Hopper's folder, and put it with the rest of your files (or make a folder named materials in the flder with your parts and put it there, but you don't have to).

9. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

Okay thanks I will try.
    --- Post updated ---
    So many thanks, now the engine is not moving and has textures, but I dont know why it doesn't have thermals... I have to figure it out but it isn't important at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice