First map - So far it's working out!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by krallopian, Jan 9, 2019.

1. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Another quick video.

I've almost finish all of the guard rails, curbs, street . . rot. . and other details. I've run a handful of tests now with cars making the run in under 8 minutes and four buses all making it to the end - albeit barely - at 14 minutes 30 seconds! Quite a run. Ironing out some other details, but with about 45 things on the go at once, I'm currently doing 5% of THIS 12% of THAT 90% of the other thing hah!

--- Post updated ---
    The two sounds at the end are just placeholders right now - it happens when a vehicle crosses the line. As it stands in that video, I just placed car at the finish line as a "target" for the AI to chase. So the ai got up, pushed the target car over the line thus the boom, then the ai car drove over the line, and boom again. Ignore that part ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Put together a quick video showing some AI having fun on the course. They're still a little nervous of some spots and I've still got some work to do before I record a full blown video, but here's a sneak peak of some camera tricks, angles, speeds, yadda yadda that I'm planning on utilizing. A few shots are a little too ZOOMED IN because they were recorded at 4k and I forgot to resize them to 1080 in the editor. But an hour of uploading had happened before I realized that mistake, so that's a no go for fix'o!

• Like Like x 2
  3. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Guard rails and concrete curbs are pretty much all placed! Now for some tweaks to the road banks, some more detail here and there, some custom models/textures and I can start recoooorrrrding!

Looks like that 4096 max objects is again no longer any issue! =D

Attached Files:

• almostDone.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice