Fire and Smoke Physics

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by HighVoltage_Guy, Jul 25, 2021.

1. HighVoltage_Guy

HighVoltage_Guy
    Expand Collapse

Ok. Good evening BeamNG Team! I have another suggestion for you&solving a bug, also. When a car is set on fire, the fire is supposed to come from the engine, or....from somewhere, whatever, but it comes in the cockpit and over like a phantom. Smoke too, sometimes. I written a comment on your YouTube channel and someone said that it might cause lag, so...you can put this thing at the high-ultra graphics settings, or a separate selection, custom. Also, glass breaking; some pieces from the windshield breaking or door windows breaking should be added; you should improve the physics, like when the windshield is getting broken a little bit, just apply the current texture. When is supposed to break more, like to ressist to a stronger weight, pressure, get the same as doors windows. And glass pieces on the ground too. Hope you understand my request. KUTGW!

• Like Like x 2
  2. a_doggo99

a_doggo99
    Expand Collapse

Seems like a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rocker45

Rocker45
    Expand Collapse

I can't understand anything being proposed here

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

You don't seem to get how fire works. In real life it doesn't start at the engine, if it did cars would be 1000 times more dangerous. It can only start at the fuel tank when the fuel spills and a large amount of it touches hot exhaust. It spreads to the middle of the car through the interior carpet that catches on fire easily. There is nothing unrealistic here.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HighVoltage_Guy

HighVoltage_Guy
    Expand Collapse

i was out of ideas, my brain got stuck, but sometimes engines can take fire due to explosions when over...over...over what?
    --- Post updated ---
    overloaded i mean i guess

6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That's a really rare situation and usually doesn't happen, I think it depends on the engine, in game we have the engine failure as an "explosion" without fire.

7. HighVoltage_Guy

HighVoltage_Guy
    Expand Collapse

overloaded i mean
    yes and it might be an upgrade to the simulation! It can happen to overtorqued engines when using nos? And a new broken engine texture also is good.

8. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

you cant simulate any of this in real time. the best you would get is what teardown does which has groups of particles of fire and smoke and they interact with the meshes around them.

9. HighVoltage_Guy

HighVoltage_Guy
    Expand Collapse

Teardown isnt made for low end computers, is more resource eating than beamng

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

okay that’s not what I’m saying though. The fire and smoke system that they use isn’t resource intensive at all. I’m not talking about the entire game

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice