WIP Finnish countryside map

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by tesseract, Feb 19, 2020.

1. tesseract

tesseract
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone,

I recently started a project on creating a map with a fictional road network, but one which emulates the looks and the feel of my home country Finland as closely as possible. The absence of proper Nordic style European maps from the game started bugging me, but since I just joined this forum, I now realize that there are a few of us Finns here doing the same kind of development. Great!

While I'm still familiarizing myself with the process of building heightmap roads and all that, I was wondering if there would be some kind of a resource bank of free use textures and objects in the Nordic style? If not, would anyone be interested in establishing something like this? I would be more than happy to make any resources available that I create during this process, to save everyone's time and enable better content creation for the benefit of the entire community. Finnish style road markings, traffic signs, billboards, rintamamiestalo-style buildings. I think there's a lot of common elements everyone could benefit from.

My map is still in very early phases, I've started out with creating some offroad stuff, as that seemed like a simple enough process to familiarize myself with the editing tools. I will post some pictures on my progress later today, if I get the chance, so stay tuned!

• Like Like x 4
  2. tesseract

tesseract
    Expand Collapse

Here's a few preview snapshots of the offroad path that I've started out with. My first ever creation for BeamNG, so all pointers are welcome!

Attached Files:

• 20200219203341_1.jpg
    • 20200219203957_1.jpg
    • 20200219204036_1.jpg
    • 20200219204814_1.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Not bad for a newbie:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. tesseract

tesseract
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! :)

Here's also a preview video of what I've got so far:

• Like Like x 1
  5. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Well to me this seems like a very nice way to start off, sir ! That wet mud at 01:22 (and the like) is looking great by the way !

PS Welcome to the forums :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

really nice textures!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice