1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Finding FPS restriction

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by The Only True Sanic, Dec 16, 2021.

1. The Only True Sanic

The Only True Sanic
    Expand Collapse

So I recently installed a new Intel I9, 9900kf with hopes of seeing big FPS gains over my previous 4 core I3 processor while running the game with traffic. I was sort of disappointed to see the game still only running about 35 fps. What I find weird is the cpu hovers around 80 percent, GPU around 60, and RAM is nowhere near close to being an issue. CPU is staying cool at around 58 degrees C. What could be the bottle neck in this setup?

2. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

What graphics card do you have?

3. Andryusha

Andryusha
    Expand Collapse

Maybe turn off v-sync & g-sync if you have one?

4. The Only True Sanic

The Only True Sanic
    Expand Collapse

I have a GeForce 1660 Super, it sits around 60% while playing Beam, no issues there

5. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

Your GPU *should* be the bottleneck, under typical circumstances. I have a 2070 and a 9900kf, and the GPU is the bottleneck unless I use ~>12 cars.

Under what circumstances, exactly, are you only getting 35? Map, car(s), graphics settings..?

6. The Only True Sanic

The Only True Sanic
    Expand Collapse

Ok so I updated my drivers for everything this morning, without dynamic reflections I can run 12 cars at 45 FPS, so the GPU was the bottle neck and it just wasnt reading right for whatever reason. I appreciate the help though! Other than dynamic reflections everything is as high as they can go(except for tire marks amount) I was playing on east coast USA with 12 AI cars

7. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Use high not ultra and put dynamic reflections refresh rate to 1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice