Unsolved File hash

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Crazyrobot, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Crazyrobot

Crazyrobot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH BEAM.NG MODS---------------------------------------------------

To make this short, I was wondering what the hashes are in the info.json. I was trying to change what kind of slots 1 engine has, which is a mod, and after adding more slots the engine doesn't appear in-game anymore. I'm assuming the file hash changed after that.

Some help would be appreciated :D

Before you ask, I'm not going to re-publish after my changes, I will keep the changes private :D

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You probably made an error in the engine's jbeam file.

Check the in game console after loading the vehicle (Usually Tilde, but depends on keyboard layout), and it may be able to tell you what the error is and on what line of the file.

3. Crazyrobot

Crazyrobot
    Expand Collapse

It may be possible I've made an error in the jbeam, I changed this: etk_intake_i4 --> etk_intake_v8. But I don't get any errors in the debug console

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

If a slot doesn't show up, that typically means the game can't find any valid parts available for that slot. So for example, if the vehicle you are modding does not have a part that would fit in a v8 in its files, but you have a slot for one, the slot would not show up in game.

The info.json files don't contain anything that important, its mostly just meta-data.
    upload_2020-10-8_16-40-46.png

5. Crazyrobot

Crazyrobot
    Expand Collapse

So what do I change so it appears in-game. It's a V8 mod I'm trying to change but it can only have inline 4 parts, what do I have to change so it appears ingame with V8 parts?
    Skrmbild154.png

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You change the slot "type" to whatever you want it to be, then you just need to make sure it matches the slotType of the component:
    upload_2020-10-8_17-4-9.png

If you don't have a matching component, you can copy one that is similar to what you need, and tweak it to do what you need it to.
    The component needs to be in the same folder as the vehicle the component is for.

7. Crazyrobot

Crazyrobot
    Expand Collapse

8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

9. Crazyrobot

Crazyrobot
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure that the hash has nothing to do with changes? Cause as soon as I change something in the engine.jbeam file I cant find the engine ingame
    --- Post updated ---
    Wait, I just noticed that the offical ETK-800 dosen't even have a v8 version.

Attached Files:

• Skrmbild155.png
  10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I've not seen that before, so I couldn't say, maybe you are correct?
    Hopefully someone else might be able to say

11. Crazyrobot

Crazyrobot
    Expand Collapse

Wait, I just noticed that the offical ETK-800 dosen't even have a v8 version
    --- Post updated ---
    Still doesn't work when I changed intake_i4 to intake_i6, I strongly think it has to do something with the hashes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice