Feedback on Blender model

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by WhatNot98, Aug 18, 2019.

1. WhatNot98

WhatNot98
    Expand Collapse

(First of all I posted this in the wrong forum so I have c/p over here) Hey guys, so about two days ago I first picked up blender, and here I have something to show for it!
    The model iam making is a Dodge Challenger SRT 2015, and I followed a YouTube tutorial to get me started, but now I know the basics, I have been pretty much been doing this without the tutorial. BTW I wont release this car as a mod this is only a practise before I get started on the real thing (I wont be making a Challenger btw). It aint much, but you've got to start somewhere. So any feedback on the mesh/ model will be appreciated! thanks.

Attached Files:

• TestChallenger.png
    • Challenger2.png
    • Challenger3.png
  2. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

Looks gud, also is that a pirated version of windows or you just didn't activate it

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. WhatNot98

WhatNot98
    Expand Collapse

dont really know what you mean by pirated windows, I just installed windows off a USB stick and skipped where it said 'enter key' because windows costs like 100 bucks and im not paying for that lol

4. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Well, it looks a bit meh, but that's understandable; you've been at this only for 2 days. The main thing to remember is to have the mesh consist out of quads (squares) or tris (triangles) as on the third pic you have an edge that creates an ngon (more than 4 vertices) look on the pic below)). What you should do is to select the whole edge, press G twice & then slide the edge to one side. Other than that, I would say that creating a car is definitely a good practice to learn how to create different shapes

Attached Files:

• Challenger3.png
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. WhatNot98

WhatNot98
    Expand Collapse

yeah I see what you mean. I also thought the polygons around the rear window were a bit dodgy too. thank you for the help
    --- Post updated ---
    also, is there a way to get rid of this horrible looking clipping between the polygons?

Attached Files:

• Challenger4.png
  6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Yeha, you just have to connect the vertices together to make quads or tris

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice