Faster Part Selector - Change Multiple Parts at Once.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by MC-H, Oct 26, 2017.

1. MC-H

MC-H
    Expand Collapse

I've searched the forums for similar topics and did not find any before posting. If I was wrong, I do apologize.

ON TOPIC:
    The Part Selector is a neat feature. It let us have the freedom to do things to vehicles with ease. But as time moves on, I started to notice that to fully configure a new vehicle through Part Selector will really take some time to complete, as there are many parts to be configured. I realized that the "part selection" process cannot get any faster, but the "load times" should be able to.

Whenever you change a component, the game automatically reloads the vehicle to match the current configuration displayed. So if you want to change 10 parts, then the vehicle will have to reload 10 times until you are finished. Currently, with the rather slow vehicle loading time, this is not ideal for large configuration changes. So I suggest adding an option allowing for changing multiple parts at once without reloading.

I'm not into programming so I don't really know how the game memorizes a custom configuration. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the spawned vehicles configurations are written in temporary ".pc" files, which would be removed when the vehicles are despawned. So I think to edit multiple sections in that ".pc" with one entry or stop it from reloading until the final confirmation should be doable. Again, I could be wrong.

Anyway, thanks for making this amazing product. Keep up the good work!

Sincerely.

2. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Pause the game, select what you want in the parts selector, and unpause.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MC-H

MC-H
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the tip, Inertia! I didn't think about that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

i was going to say that but u did first

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice