Unsolved Farming Pack (Outdated)

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by droberts2454, Jan 21, 2021.

1. droberts2454

droberts2454
    Expand Collapse

Alright guys, I know this mod is long outdated and cancelled, but I installed it anyway because other tractor mods had issues with acceleration and overheating. Here's my problem with Mr. Crash's Farming Pack in the latest version of BeamNG (0.21.3). The vehicles drive wonderfully. I have texture issues on the tires for the Massey Ferguson tractor, but driveability is perfect. The major issue is when I attempt to couple literally anything to the tractors and other equipment (excluding the Liebherr which is flawless). If anything couples to the tractors or other vehicles both modded or official then the vehicles become unable to be driven. There is an audible sound from the engine, but the vehicle UI and all inputs are rendered invalid. I can even uncouple or rewind/home the vehicles and they still aren't driveable. The only way I can get them to function afterward is to change the parts configuration, but then whatever is coupled to the vehicle unhitches. I am not well versed in modding in BeamNG. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

i think in some of the updates the drivetrain mechanics got changed, and some bits in this pack rely on the drivetrain to work

3. droberts2454

droberts2454
    Expand Collapse

I was curious about potential updates changing stuff a bit. I'm unsure about sourcing a reference file for components. Any idea of where I might look? I do have notepad ++, but I'm unfamiliar with structuring the text. The vehicles themselves drive perfectly, but when I couple anything to them they just become dummy vehicles.

4. PetrKn0ttDrift

PetrKn0ttDrift
    Expand Collapse

i don't wanna be rude, but the "Outdated" flair is there for a reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. droberts2454

droberts2454
    Expand Collapse

I'm aware that it's well outdated and that the author isn't working on it. I want to learn how to update it for myself. I've seen people do it for other mods, and I'd like to learn how to do this for other mods after major game updates.

6. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

like i said earlier. Im assuming the new driving mechanics changed it and thats how it broke.

7. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

the hydraulic lua casues the attacherjoints to break

8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That's not something you can fix easily I'm afraid, and there is no easy way to just fix any mod you want when it breaks, some mods take 10 seconds to fix and others take months

9. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

removing the hydraulics lua makes attachers usable at the expense of having usable linkages

10. droberts2454

droberts2454
    Expand Collapse

I was hoping this would be a quicker one, but that's definitely a HUGE mountain to climb for a beginner.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks a bunch for the tip! I found an external mod for the Case 380 that has working linkages and hydraulic functions. The other equipment still doesn't work, but I mainly want tractors to be able to pull other objects so this is a huge help. I'll give it a shot. I may also try finding text lines that can be replaced with the Case 380 lines to correct the issue. I'll give some feedback after I try this. Thanks again!

11. Nucleardevice

Nucleardevice
    Expand Collapse

Any update on this? I've also been trying to find a way to fix the couplers. The mod is fantastic but I can't attach anything so it drives me insane. Also, can you provide a link for the Case 380 mod?

12. droberts2454

droberts2454
    Expand Collapse

Alex_Farmer557 initially pointed out the lua being a cause, and Mr. Crash replied to a message essentially confirming the Lua being the probable cause for the issue. I have the Farmingpack installed along with this Case 380 mod (https://www.modland.net/beamng.drive-mods/tractors/case-ih-magnum-380-cvt-tractor-mod.html). This mod was giving me issues with acceleration and overheating, but when I installed the farming pack that cleared up. This mod had a functional coupling setup, so I copied the Lua file for the external Case tractor and replaced the hydraulic Lua file for each piece of equipment which allowed the coupler system to function. I still have texture issues on tires and wheels for some tractors. I didn't receive Mr. Crash's permission to share the partially fixed mod as there are still some faults. I also downloaded the Leibherr from modland which was also uploaded by the same person, but I believe the wheel loader in the farmingpack is still fully functional. I hope this helps! It was annoying having tractors that couldn't pull stuff.

13. Nucleardevice

Nucleardevice
    Expand Collapse

Can you provide more detailed instructions on which files to replace etc? I can't find any lua files in the Case tractor from the link. Also, the modland tractor is completely corrupt (missing textures, no coupling system at all). I'm rather confused as to what you managed to pull off

#13 Nucleardevice, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  14. droberts2454

droberts2454
    Expand Collapse

https://www.modland.net/beamng.drive-mods/tractors/case-ih-magnum-380-cvt-tractor-mod.html Should be the correct link. I clicked on the wrong page yesterday and went through my mods to check the file name. Open the mod archive (or extract) and go to Case>Lua and copy hydro_input.lua and replace the hydro_input.lua files in the farmingpack equipment for the tractors that aren't functioning properly (Case 380, Case XL, etc.). Keep in mind the attachments for the tractors are fine, or the were in my particular case. Textures are still an issue on some vehicles. The Massey and Case XL tires and wheels are missing textures, and the semi/trailer has missing tire textures and coupling issues that I didn't resolve which may be a simple fix. The trailer is still usable for other trucks and dolly configurations.

15. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Really shouldn’t be on modland. That website is extremely sketchy and there’s a lot of malware coming from it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Nucleardevice

Nucleardevice
    Expand Collapse

So do I take the files from the modland one? Sorry I'm a bit lost here. There are no Lua files in that one. I do know that modland is dodgy as hell but it was the only way to fix this.

17. droberts2454

droberts2454
    Expand Collapse

ALRIGHTY THEN! I have failed to notice the "Upload a File" tab on these forums. Forgive me as I'm still new to the community. Lol. https://www.modland.net/download/88124 is the CORRECT link. I re-downloaded and verified that it does have a Lua file. I am attaching the partially fixed version of Mr. Crash's farmingpack. I've already copied the Lua files, so you should be able to use all of the equipment except for the semi that's in the pack. There are texture issues with some wheels and tires on some equipment (Case XL, Massey Ferguson, Semi/Trailer wide tires for sure). Let me know if you have any problems! I sincerely apologize for all of the confusion within this thread. I'm not too familiar with the forums. I appreciate your patience!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nucleardevice

Nucleardevice
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a ton! I'll let you know how it goes and will get back to you

19. droberts2454

droberts2454
    Expand Collapse

No problem! If you have any luck with fixing textures let me know what you did. I'm sure it's a simple-ish fix, but I'm not sure where to look.

20. Nucleardevice

Nucleardevice
    Expand Collapse

Incredible. Others said it wasn't easy to fix and could take a long time. But you found out how to fix it within a day or two. Thanks a ton again, you truly are incredible.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, I'm not having any texture issues with the farming pack. It could be a conflicting mod or maybe you should just clear your cache

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice