Unsolved External Boost Gauge Problems

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by BombBoy4, Feb 24, 2018.

1. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to import a boost gauge into beamNG.drive as an aftermarket part, but it just throws errors at me.
    Notepad of gauge.jbeam:
    upload_2018-2-23_18-36-34.png
    Notepad of 200BX body supporting the gague:
    upload_2018-2-23_18-37-28.png
    File structure (materials.cs and textures no tsetup yet, but shouldn't affect it like this):
    upload_2018-2-23_18-38-9.png
    Models and placement (temporary):
    upload_2018-2-23_18-39-18.png
    Errors in game:
    upload_2018-2-23_18-38-34.png
    upload_2018-2-23_18-38-49.png

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if my boost gauge for semi helps at all, but if you want to take a look, it is attached.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I actually took the jBeam from the semi, so our pieces look near identical. I wonder why it doesn't work on the 200BX then?
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok, textures are up and model ingame, but the needle won't move. This is the last problem that needs to be fixed so I can work on the model more.

Attached Files:

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Issue is such that if you comment out your boost needle prop line, your needle still shows up.

Reason needle shows up is that you have that in flexbodies section, it should be only in props section.

2nd problem is that you have origin for needle set to 0,0 while with needles you need to set origin to pivot point of the needle (set 3d cursor to coordinates you wish needle to pivot from, then set origin to 3d cursor or if you feel lazy just origin to geometry). This is my needle:
    upload_2018-2-24_10-15-11.png

This is your needle:
    upload_2018-2-24_10-16-11.png

Because of the origin, your needle goes to some other place than where you want:
    upload_2018-2-24_10-18-21.png

So it just needs commenting out flexbody and setting origin:

After that you need to adjust prop rotation which can get annoying as base rotation is in degrees (maybe?) rest are in some other units, I have not been able to match them with radians or degrees, also sometimes you set them and then you set some other number, which after you need to set them differently. Maybe some kind of multiplier of base rotation, but I'm not too sure about that either.

It takes few attempts to get needle set right, 0.1 adjustments sometimes are big changes, sometimes you need to set 10.0 to see a change, so good luck with that, it can be bit frustrating, but you will get that set eventually :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice