Engines for all!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by HighDef, Apr 5, 2015.

1. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

I have been making engines for cars in BeamNG using Automation based on the stats of real engines, they are very detailed and increment by 100 RPM. I gather as many stats that I can from the internet and put them into Automation, things like; Stroke and bore size, compression ratio aspiration and fuel delivery type, engine block, head and exhaust material and type. Then I optimize the fuel mixture and ignition timing and compare the torque curve to a real one if i can find one and try to make sure it reflects the behavior of the real thing. I also have added the weight of the engine according to automation so you can divide it up over the engine mount nodes. I have made a list of copy and pastable torque bands and will be updating it as I go. Feel free to use them as you wish.

I was using the Automation Engine Converter by L0c4lh0sT All-new-Automation-Engine-Converter which makes an engine tuning file for any car you select and gives extra data like friction and inertia but Automation has been updated and the current version of the convertor isn't compatible yet so I have been manually copy and pasting them out of the engine file which takes a while but you guys are worth it ;)
    torque pic.png
    Includes:

5.0l Coyote from a 2015 Ford F150
    RB26DE Non turbo'd from Nissan Skyline R32
    GSXR1000K2 2003 engine
    K20A from Honda Civic Type R 2004
    SR20DE from Nissan Silvia
    4A-GEU from Toyota Corrolla AE86
    V8-327 base options from Chevrolet 1960-70s cars

More coming soon! Feel free to request an engine :)

Attached Files:

#1 HighDef, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. sambalayne

sambalayne
    Expand Collapse

Neat! I love fiddling with the toque bands too. gonna give these a try. Gotta do one for the SR20DE :cool:

3. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

Make a 100,000 horsepower engine. Would that be enough power you think?

4. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Thats double the power that the titanic had, its completely unrealistic/un-needed. you can make one yourself however, just check the wiki for tutorials

5. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

58227231.jpg ​(charlimit)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice