1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Engine swap problems.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Slammington, May 13, 2018.

1. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I've swapped a modified ETK 2.4L engine into a barstow, and it's all running super well.
    However I have one problem, the textures are completely broken. In the .zip folder for my mod, I have the engine, transmission, and exhaust .jbeam files from the ETK, the .dae from the ETK, and the .cs files for the barstow and I-series respectively named materials.cs and materials_etk.cs. For some reason the textures on the engine, trans and exhaust are broken ("no material" texture appears). I've spent ages trying to figure it out but I can't seem to find the problem.

I have gotten it all to work before aswell, but it seems after I got the exhaust in the textures broke, though I'm not sure if that is the problem. A screenshot of the files is attached.

Attached Files:

• screeniebeam.png
  2. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

The only materials file name allowed is "materials.cs", so you have to either combine the files into one or put the wrongly named file to a subfolder and fix the name.

3. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Ahh, thanks! Should I put the barstow or ETK materials into a subfolder?
    Edit: I have put the barstow materials into a subfolder named "barstow", and now the only problem is the interior textures, which still do not work.

#3 Slammington, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice