Unsolved Engine performance/need help on creating realistic engine states

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by dumpling, Mar 17, 2022.

1. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I am experimenting around creating realistic engines from real torque curve states, but when I entered the corresponding values and loaded it into the game, the performance states is different than what it should be. Since I'm fairly new to this so I need some help, thanks :)

P.S. Here's the engine and torque curve I'm trying to create: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The values you put are theoretical torque outputs of a frictionless engine. You need to account for static and dynamic friction and calculate how much bigger they should be to get the desired torque. And also keep in mind that the intake, exhaust, ECU and long block usually modify the torque further, you need to find out if your source was tested with or without exhaust and ECU and also if the used intake and long block were stock (99.9% of the time they are so you can assume it). It would be super easy to make engines if it was just putting torque curve values from source, but the game simulates engines from the bottom up so it's not so simple.

3. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

Got it, thank you very much :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Is there any other parts or more specific details on how the engine could be affected? After messing with the things you talked about, it literality made no big changes. I have no idea what I'm working with and definitely need more advice, thanks you.

4. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

5. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! That will be extremely helpful!

6. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

7. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! :)
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't know what the problem is, but when I entered the calculated values into the game, it is still under what it is supposed to be.

8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The calculated ones still don't account for exhaust, intake, etc.

9. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

I see, will experiment around those still.

10. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Yes, so the calculations that I did don't account for any other engine modifications. The best way to work around this would be to create custom slots with a custom long block, exhaust, and intake that all have no torque modification. This also goes for any other modifications that modify your engine's power.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice